• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    When I was a kid in the 80's I collected soda cans. They are all different, no duplicates, and there are hundreds of them. Some are standard everyday stuff, some are obscure brands you've never heard of.

Fast forward 30 years, and I realized that I still have them boxed up at my parents farm. I'm in de-clutter mode, so I'd kinda like to get rid of them.

Any INGO'ers collect cans, or know anyone who does? Or should I just recycle them?

:ingo:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When I was a kid in the 80's I collected soda cans. They are all different, no duplicates, and there are hundreds of them. Some are standard everyday stuff, some are obscure brands you've never heard of.

Fast forward 30 years, and I realized that I still have them boxed up at my parents farm. I'm in de-clutter mode, so I'd kinda like to get rid of them.

Any INGO'ers collect cans, or know anyone who does? Or should I just recycle them?

:ingo:
    No, no, no, nah, nope, no, no, no, hell no, no, no

,^ that's what my wife would say if I start collecting one more damm thing :):

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I had the exact same situation as you, I put them on Craigs List and finally sold them for $50.00. I had about a garbage bag full from the 70's
    The guy was pretty flaky but drove about an hour to come get them.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had a beer can collection once with over 200 different beer cans, closer to 240. It was in my dorm room at Indiana University, late 1974. When I got back from Christmas vacation, it was gone. Apparently the custodial staff couldn't tell that it was a collection.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a beer can collection once with over 200 different beer cans, closer to 240. It was in my dorm room at Indiana University, late 1974. When I got back from Christmas vacation, it was gone. Apparently the custodial staff couldn't tell that it was a collection.

Well........they were all the same brand and fairly new so........:dunno:

:):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Well........they were all the same brand and fairly new so........:dunno:

:):
    And stacked in a pyramid shape? I may or may not have had a similar "collection". :):

Top Bottom