• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    I'm sure we all have them. One of mine is Silverado, a Western from the 1980s. It has beautiful music and great sound. It's really some of the best Old West gun sounds on film.

You?

Jt22453

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    Greenwood
    Mine would be the WW2 type stuff. Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the Gates and Band of Brothers would be up there but it is a miniseries. There are some inaccuracies in all of them but it is still cool to see a group of guys with, a Thompson,BaR, Garand, and m1 Carbine,and 1911s all together going up against guys with mg42s,schmeizers, and Lugers, and p38s. Let alone the 88s and howitzers and armor rolling around. Love watching anything with that stuff in it.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    There are so many I would not know where to begin.

Halls of Montezuma
    Pork Chop Hill
    Audie Murphy movies
    Combat
    12 strong
    We Were Men

Way too many; although Navy / Air Force movies were (are) not my favorite.....but still patriotic movies worth seeing.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I'll add to this list as I think of them, but two that come to mind are:

Dirty Harry Movies - Model 29 S&W .44 Magnum - a classic

Crossfire Trail - Western that was the first time I heard about the Evans Repeating Rifle - Quote from Movie - when asked why he doesn't get rid of that old Evans rifle, Joe Gill answers "Well, it holds twenty-eight bullets...and I ain't a very good shot...I'm going to town."

Jt22453

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    Greenwood
    There are so many I would not know where to begin.

Halls of Montezuma
    Pork Chop Hill
    Audie Murphy movies
    Combat
    12 strong
    We Were Men

Way too many; although Navy / Air Force movies were (are) not my favorite.....but still patriotic movies worth seeing.
    Ah, Combat. I bought the entire series for my Dad before he passed and watched most of them with him. He loved that show as a kid and you could see him light up when he turned it on. Weird thing I remember is Robert Duvall is in at least 3 different episodes playing 3 different characters. 2 German, one US. Pretty cool show and miss watching war movies and shows with him.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Typically my favorites are westerns, and war movies, but any good revenge movie will do too. I love it when the bad guy gets what's coming to him.

One shoot 'em up gangster movie I like real well is "Last Man Standing."

[video=youtube;ClHOOEv7kO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClHOOEv7kO0[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Act of Valor.

Acting isnt Academy award winning, but go figure. Most arent actors but are actual active SEALs. Oh, and has to be the most realistic movie ever... They used military guys/live fire to create some of the most realistic scenes ever. No cgi. Just lots of lead in the air. :rockwoot:

[video=youtube;Ofcgzp7mnZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofcgzp7mnZg[/video]

Oh, and if you want politically incorrect, just having fun stuff, the movie Range 15. There are scenes where you dont know whether to gasp or to laugh. Its worth the $3 rental. Trust me.

[video=youtube;Ss63UOd4P84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss63UOd4P84[/video]

madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.
    The Island with Michael Caine. Castle Keep with Burt Lancaster. The Omega Man with Mr.Heston. The Park is Mine with Tommy Lee Jones. Valdez is Coming with Burt Lancaster. The Wild Geese with Richard Burton. Where Eagles Dare with Eastwood and Burton.

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    Way late on getting back to my own post but I just saw Tombstone for the first time a few days ago. 15 mins in I googled it to see the reviews and rotten tomatoes percentages.

God the entire move is terrible. Like a laughable joke of a movie but not even in the good way to become a cult classic. As a 4th or 5th grader when I saw Real Genius, and then Top Gun a couple years later I loved Val Kilmer but every second of him is insufferable in Tombstone. And a terrible fake moustache by almost everyone in every scene doesn't help anything . Skip this crap and revisit Silverado.

I really need to see the live-fire Valor movie mentioned a few posts back. Never heard of it until that posted trailer.

Good bad or corny, a new and last Rambo movie has been made and comes out this year. He's getting a kidnapped kid out of Mexico. I don't have big memories of the later ones but again, as a little kid (before Real Genius, Silverado, etc) First Blood hit me hard.

My dad has always had health conditions and he had a high draft number. He was never called for Viet Nam and wouldn't have passed even if he had been called up... But a handful of times in my life he's said things that hinted that he has always felt a let-down and a guilt about not being there. Like he let down the people who were forced or able to go.

First Blood (or any Rambo movie) is for sure no Private Ryan in terms of realism, but it I think the idea of some guy devastated after the war with no idea how to be in society anymore always hit him like... Would that have been me?

Top Bottom