• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Well, here we are 0733 A.M. and I find out my coffee pot has died.....I feel like I lost a very dear friend. ....I am lost and heart broken........but I'm too groggy to think

Been a week of OMG what can go wrong next......below zero temps, cars won't start, blown radiator hose,frozen doors at the plant,frozen pipes at the plant.....but this takes the cake.....no coffee!!

There will be a funeral service (complete with 21 gun salute and taps) for my old friend around 330 here in New Haven if any one wants to pay there respects to the friend that has helped me face the last 10 years of mornings

So good morning to you all of you INGO

Aaron

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    You don't have a hot spare coffee spot sitting close by?! What in the name of Juan Valdez were you thinking?! Sell a child for medical experiments and buy TWO coffee pots, stat!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, here we are 0733 A.M. and I find out my coffee pot has died.....I feel like I lost a very dear friend. ....I am lost and heart broken........but I'm too groggy to think

Been a week of OMG what can go wrong next......below zero temps, cars won't start, blown radiator hose,frozen doors at the plant,frozen pipes at the plant.....but this takes the cake.....no coffee!!

There will be a funeral service (complete with 21 gun salute and taps) for my old friend around 330 here in New Haven if any one wants to pay there respects to the friend that has helped me face the last 10 years of mornings

So good morning to you all of you INGO

Aaron

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Do yourself a favor and replace it with a French press.... low tech, long lasting, very reliable.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I used to have 2 old coffeemakers as backup. But I stopped drinking coffee years ago.

Just throw it in the target pile and give it a proper KABLOOEY! :ar15:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    V0dvh6e.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Deepest condolences. I think Alamo may be a little over the top, but his sentiment is spot on. There's no excuse for not having an 8 dollar Wally mart/dollar store drip coffee maker in a closet somewhere.

French presses ARE great.
    But my favorite (for now) is a Black and Decker programmable. That's right. Hot coffee waiting when the alarm goes off. AND it shuts itself off. Which, for one paranoid about fire,as I am, is a big deal.

The electric percolator is fun, though. I took it to work one day and the kids looked like dogs looking at a record player.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Electric options are convenient, but have a serious drawback. Only works where there are extra electrons and still has a heating element that can fail.
    French press is good coffee but if you're breaking out the tea kettle, what exactly did we accomplish tossing all those crates into the harbour?

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Stainless-Steel-Percolator-Cup/dp/B0009PUQSM
    or for some old-timey style
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PSDQ1M/ref=psdc_289746_t3_B0009PUQSM

Works with any heat source
    requires only water & grounds
    One-pot (less/no cleanup)
    travels well -- Take this on your camp-out and make friends with EVERYONE

Top Bottom