• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    I want to point out that I do not think of myself as high class or better than anyone. I am simply providing my observations from my own experiences.

I'm not a Walmart regular and try to avoid going s much as possible. The 2 closest to me are Hammond and Schererville. Firstly the customer base that frequents the locations is trash as can be. Likely not all but the majority. There is a sense of entitlement from them as if I am to part from the aisle they are in as they come through, like the red sea. The parents let their kids run wild and institute no discipline to them. Customers will also leave their cart anywhere they please as if they purposely mean to block the aisle from every other shopper and we are to wait for them to finish before proceeding. I blame the customer base for part of the ways the employees conduct themselves while on the clock. They could care less about you. They show it all they can. As my son and I were looking at toys I overheard 2 employees brokering a weed deal. They looked me right in the eyes and didn't bother to move or quiet down. The employees walk right in front of you and give you the stare of evil for being offended.
    The baby formula is locked up and so is the gillette razors. Along with the video games and the pre-paid phones. Surprised they don't lock up the Ol' Roy. Someone might want to steal it to make gravy.

I have been other many other walmarts across the country as my job used to require heavy travel. There are some good ones. Where employees smile and say hello. The people that shop there are courteous to one another. It really comes down to the demographic of where you're shopping at. You can find great deals from time to time on ammo and closeout pricing on guns at some walmarts. Take into account the avg household income in the area of walmarts could be a way to gauge.

Share some of your walmart stories. Would love to hear what others have to say.
    The lady with the wine in the pringles can was a good one!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I stopped going 20 years ago after watching the PBS special about how they destroyed Rubbermaid, abandoned the Made in The USA advertising campaign, and forced their suppliers to move to China so Walmart could make bigger profits.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    tried to buy ammo one night, forgot it was day before firearms season opened, guy in line ahead was purchasing an 870, shells, case of beer , & buck tag... all while commenting how he was going to be in his stand by 6 am with above shotgun... it was almost 10 pm...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I stopped going 20 years ago after watching the PBS special about how they destroyed Rubbermaid, abandoned the Made in The USA advertising campaign, and forced their suppliers to move to China so Walmart could make bigger profits.

That was a trick they learned from Sears many years ago.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We are in Walmart weekly. We have 3 close by, Brownsburg Lebanon and 86th/Michigan. 3 completely different clientele. Don’t mind any of them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The smaller town Walmarts aren't half bad, especially during the daisy duke season. Spencer and Greencastle come to mind.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Well we have a major mid west university here with Walmart a couple miles away and on the bus line to campus and a lot of apartments. So they get a lot of foreign students that don't drive (thank goodness!). The week before semester classes start in August is the best time, they come in off the bus in a group (5-10) with only one speaking passable English. They grab a cart each, but after they already have an armful, (so watching them get a cart without being able to take the stuff they have out the door is hilarious). Then they pack up and go down every aisle. They all go through the same checkout line with a real checker, the one speaking English is usually at the back and is running back and forth to explain things. Why Wal-mart doesn't charge people to watch this is beyond me, they could make serious money just letting people watch the checkout process. The last group of 5 I saw literally wore out the checker and she had to be replaced!

Ever see those pictures of people in eastern countries riding a bike with 20 bales of hay (or whatever?), that is what it looks like when they get done shopping and go to get back on the bus, each one has 20 Wal-mart bags! Some have furniture in a box, like a queen size bed! Five people can fill up a bus meant for 50! Of course now they are so happy to be sitting with their load, they all sing all the way back to the apartments or campus.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I did asset protection at Wal-Mart for 3 years and it was a blast, you wouldn't believe half the stories I had while I was employed there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did asset protection at Wal-Mart for 3 years and it was a blast, you wouldn't believe half the stories I had while I was employed there.

I worked for a local contractor that provided service to the Walmart chain. He was the initial control contractor that installed and set up the stores to be controlled from 1 location. He also contracted the install on the new stores. Busy company. All the lights/refrigeration and HVAC was his area of expertise. I ran service on these systems mainly refrigeration. Kept the wheels turning on my service truck for a few years until I had enough of the road and midnight service runs to Springfield Illinois or Cleveland Ohio.

The story's I could tell. 3:00 AM in any WalMart parking lot is and can be a story unto itself.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That was a trick they learned from Sears many years ago.

And how did going commie on craftsman tools right before black Friday work out for them, again?

Sears and K Mart did it to themselves. And with this no more than two cashiers B.S. it looks like Wally Mart is headed down the same path.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    When I retired I took a part time job at Wal Mart for something to do.

My department was SPORTINGS GOODS.

I was told I may have to help out in other depts. once in a wile. That was a lie.
    The depts. I had to take care of were as follows sporting goods, hardware, pets, lawn and garden, house wares, furniture, toys automotive, and if some one got swamped electronics. That was when I wasn't resetting displays or picking up returned merchandise. This was every day.
    The shirts you threw back in the rack or on the floor that was on me to clean up.

Then the person comes in I can't find this or that they didn't even look for. They want personal service that they think they are entitled to. How about you spend an hour refolding a whole T shirt display then two woman come through and destroy it in two minutes and not purchase any thing and some idiot ask wear are the light bulbs standing in the isle ten foot away is two pallets full with a big sale sign.

The customer lights you up for not being ware he or she thinks your supposed to be when a third of the store is your responsibility. How long are you going to keep a good mood fo $8.00 an hour. There is a reason some of the people working aren't the sharpest and why they have a big turnover. This is just a peek behind the curtain.
    Wal Mart has some good people and some that are not but part of there problem is also the customer.

Like the old saying goes walk a mile in there shoes before you complain about there help.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    When I retired I took a part time job at Wal Mart for something to do.

My department was SPORTINGS GOODS.

I was told I may have to help out in other depts. once in a wile. That was a lie.
    The depts. I had to take care of were as follows sporting goods, hardware, pets, lawn and garden, house wares, furniture, toys automotive, and if some one got swamped electronics. That was when I wasn't resetting displays or picking up returned merchandise. This was every day.
    The shirts you threw back in the rack or on the floor that was on me to clean up.

Then the person comes in I can't find this or that they didn't even look for. They want personal service that they think they are entitled to. How about you spend an hour refolding a whole T shirt display then two woman come through and destroy it in two minutes and not purchase any thing and some idiot ask wear are the light bulbs standing in the isle ten foot away is two pallets full with a big sale sign.

The customer lights you up for not being ware he or she thinks your supposed to be when a third of the store is your responsibility. How long are you going to keep a good mood fo $8.00 an hour. There is a reason some of the people working aren't the sharpest and why they have a big turnover. This is just a peek behind the curtain.
    Wal Mart has some good people and some that are not but part of there problem is also the customer.

Like the old saying goes walk a mile in there shoes before you complain about there help.

That's retail in Columbus. Ask me how I know!!!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Oh, I would! I worked in receiving at Wal-Mart for 3 years while I was in college and it was close enough to an Amish community that we often had to deal with groups of sticky fingered Amish teenagers in addition to all of the normal stuff.

Why does anyone actually go into the Wal-Mart anymore when you can go online, do your shopping, and then have it brought out to your car for free? That way you only have to navigate around the Wal-Martians in the park lot

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh, I would! I worked in receiving at Wal-Mart for 3 years while I was in college and it was close enough to an Amish community that we often had to deal with groups of sticky fingered Amish teenagers in addition to all of the normal stuff.

Why does anyone actually go into the Wal-Mart anymore when you can go online, do your shopping, and then have it brought out to your car for free? That way you only have to navigate around the Wal-Martians in the park lot

And I guess if you still wanted the Walmart experience you could open up another browser tab for one of the "People of Walmart" websites and flip back and forth between it and the Walmart website while you're doing your shopping. It'd be almost like being there. ;)

Top Bottom