• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Customers of Bloomington’s Yumble may have been exposed to hepatitis A

...BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – People who ate at a restaurant in downtown Bloomington may have been exposed to hepatitis A, according to the Monroe County Health Department.

The department is recommending that anyone who ate at Yumble on Jan. 24 be vaccinated against the disease by Feb. 7. The restaurant that specializes in vegetarian and gluten free bowls is located at 211 N. Walmnut Street, next to the city’s Brothers Bar and Grill...

...Anyone who consumed food and/or drink at the restaurant on 1/24/19 is also asked to:

Monitor their health for symptoms of hepatitis A infection up to 50 days after exposure.
    Wash their hands with soap and warm water frequently and thoroughly, especially after using the bathroom and before preparing food.

Stay at home and contact their healthcare provider immediately if symptoms of hepatitis A infection develop.
    Indiana is one of several states currently experiencing a hepatitis A outbreak. Just on Thursday, it was announced that customers at an Indianapolis Burger King may have been exposed. And in early January, health officials urged patrons of a Bloomington Buffalo Wild Wings to get vaccinated as well...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    But BW3 had the same situation last month in Btown. Where will be next?

Is it suspect to eat out anywhere in Bloomington with this hanging overhead?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It’s mainly fecal oral transmission. Think about where these outbreaks come from

As always, thanks SO much for the professional contribution doc. :ingo:

So these separate cases are likely not spread person to person? More along the lines of bad bathroom habits? It's not a contagious Hep A, spreading through the college town?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This article says that the current outbreak is being spread person to person. No food or drink has been identified as spreading the virus.

https://www.in.gov/isdh/27791.htm

This is from the health department and is the unvarnished truth to what's happening. Drug use, in jail with infected people, close contact with infected people, sex. I think an infected person can go for a few weeks without symptoms, not knowing they are infected.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'm not eating out for a while, just being cautious. Oh wait, no food identified. Well nobody's making my food anyway.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ok I have a better understanding now when they said no food involved.

There was a case where a farmer hired migrate workers to pick cilantro but he didn't provide them with toilet paper or soap. The cilantro spread the disease. In this case, people are spreading the disease and handling food is one way it's spread.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok I have a better understanding now when they said no food involved.

There was a case where a farmer hired migrate workers to pick cilantro but he didn't provide them with toilet paper or soap. The cilantro spread the disease. In this case, people are spreading the disease and handling food is one way it's spread.

Well yeah... vegans eat what my "food" eats.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wife and I pretty much just quit eating out. It's rare these days, usually only when we visit our sons. This Hep A stuff is popping up everywhere.

Top Bottom