Type of lawyer for employee rights violation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Just curious if someone knows a good attorney in Indy area that practices in violations of FMLA, HIPAA and unemployment laws? What kind of attorney do you contact for this? Thanks!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Good luck with that! It's an up hill battle all the way if u can even find someone to help you. Lawyers dont waste time. Time is money.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Ive been down this road before and the lawyers i spoke with told me its more favorable to pursue a class action suit with other former employees who would be in the same situation as you. They told me single cases are tough and can become very costly. The companies often will utilize ways where you incur more legal costs and have you burn through your money and end up broke trying to sue them. That way you just go away.
    If its a serious situation where other employees are in a risk of their safety or in life threatening situations then contact osha and disclose all the details you have. They have all the backing they need to make a change. You wont get compensated but you will help others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I aint asking for no handout, I pay cash just like the next victim. I am just wondering what type of attorney handles these type cases and if anybody knows a good one that is knowledgeable in the laws, both Federal and State? Not as complicated as it may sound, does not include .Gov, hospital or health care facility. It is more an internal dispute between a HR firm and the company it does payroll for HR and an employee who had FMLA approval with the company the HR firm represents. There may not even be a violation, just like to hear it from someone knowledgeable in them particular laws.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    I'm no big city attorney nor do I play one on TV. Seriously though, there are services like rocketlawyer where you can submit a question online and get the wheels turning. That way you don't lose a lot of time making calls and visits.
    There could be corporate governances in place that are contractual with the HR firm where they may just have to sit there and take it (so to speak). The inclusions and exclusions would be in the contract. Also operating guidelines should be in there. You may be able to get your answer in that if you have access to it.
    If its anything to do with data breach issues or exposing employees personal info then there is a problem.
    Avoid the "1-800-" lawyers.

Top Bottom