Join INGunOwners For Free

View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • They made you whole, change to a positive review.

5 13.89%
  • An honest company should do you right the first time, let it ride.

21 58.33%
  • BACON!!!!!!

10 27.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quite a few places charge a restocking fees on Amazon. I guess I would look at the sellerís information page. If they donít mention the fee on that page, I would probably let the review stand. If they do mention the fee, I would probably adjust or remove my review.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jt22453 View Post
    Whenever I have felt like Iíve been screwed in the past like that I leave my reviews unless the company goes above and beyond what they needed to do. An example is this past Christmas, Classic Firearms sent me a bayonet that was supposed to be in excellent condition in 2 days. Well, the original label was cancelled and they would not return my messages until after it was originally supposed to be in my hands. When they finally contacted me I told them to cancel the order. They said they could not because it had been sent out. Ok, I will see what it looks like. I get it after close to an extra week and the tip is broken off and so much cosmoline on it it looks like someone took a crap and rubbed it all over it. I told them and they said I could send it back at my cost. Not my fault and I left a 1 star review that they will not put on the site. If they just would have sent another bayonet I would not have said another word but I was jerked around and they acted like it was my fault they sent a crappy product. I will never use Classic Firearms again even though they have pretty cool stuff because of their customer service. Their attitude was that they couldnít do anything but they could have done everything better than it was.I just took it as a lesson learned and found a different Christmas present for the person. If they would have gone above and beyond after the problems I experienced I would be singing their praises and still shopping there. Now, I feel slighted and never want anything from them ever again. Being made whole is what should have happened in the first place. A second chance is where customer service should come into play and give out a free replacement or do something to make a customer feel good about the experience. It doesnít sound like you feel good about the experience so I would not change your review.

Paragraphs are are your friend.

User Info Menu

Leave the review, but update it with the newer information. As the email explained, this was a one time deal. Others experiencing the same issue may not be as fortunate, and this will help others make an informed decision on whether they wish to make a purchase from this seller.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
    Quite a few places charge a restocking fees on Amazon. I guess I would look at the sellerís information page. If they donít mention the fee on that page, I would probably let the review stand. If they do mention the fee, I would probably adjust or remove my review.
    ^^^ That's what I'd do. The thing about the company expecting returns on footwear goes both ways. Before I ordered footwear online, I'd try to see how much it would cost me to return a pair. If they clearly explain their fee, that's one thing, but if they "bury" it in the fine print legal mumbo jumbo, then that's another.

They gave you a full refund, after your original review, so they can rightfully expect more than the one star that you originally gave.

You ordered in good faith and were hosed with a high return fee, and had to go through aggravation to get it back, so they also have to expect your rating to reflect that.

I read ratings, and it's the explanation that I value, more than the number thing.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

User Info Menu

I voted for a positive review because they did the right thing in the end. You might be the customer that causes them to rethink their policy. But, I would not order from them again.

User Info Menu

^^^^^^
    this

they did give back the 50 but to much pain and suffering, lol.....think only fair to raise it to at least 2 stars!
    You canít fix stupid

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    Leave the review, but update it with the newer information. As the email explained, this was a one time deal. Others experiencing the same issue may not be as fortunate, and this will help others make an informed decision on whether they wish to make a purchase from this seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
    Agreed with these and a few others. I would definitely update with the new info, and might adjust the rating up a bit from a 1 star (maybe 2), but would not make it a positive review. If you would not do business with them again, then a positive review should not be given, but updating the review with all the info and adjusting it up a star seems reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Tell the whole story in the review - including your response about the last money they'll see - and then their counter-response about getting a 1-time refund. Post screen-grabs of the emails. End your review with "In the end, I was made whole, but if this is what passes for customer service, then I stand by my review" or something.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

I would at best give them 2 stars. I read reviews before buying and would appreciate the information on how returns are handled. Shouldn't have to find out the hard way like you did, which is the entire point on customer reviews.

User Info Menu

Hey, I saw bacon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast