• ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    ...that this old man EVER liked.

I am 67 years old, and to be perfectly honest, don't much care for a lot of 'today's' new music. But I like this song and this young group, from South Korea.

I know many of you here won't like this music. So flame away, but I'm posting it/sharing it, anyway.

Group name: BTS

Song title:" DNA "

Part of the songs' lyrics are in English and part are in Korean. IMHO, a unique, inventive and FUN little music video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBdVXkSdhwU

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think simply being young and male and in a band necessarily makes you a "boy band". I think it's the dance routines, lack of musical instruments, etc. that make for a "boy band". So if none of the Beach Boys or Beatles played any musical instruments, and instead just danced and sang to pre-recorded musical tracks, then maybe they would qualify. IMHO of course.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't think simply being young and male and in a band necessarily makes you a "boy band". I think it's the dance routines, lack of musical instruments, etc. that make for a "boy band". So if none of the Beach Boys or Beatles played any musical instruments, and instead just danced and sang to pre-recorded musical tracks, then maybe they would qualify. IMHO of course.

You are correct, of course. I was just funnin.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I would say that any group of 3+ young male vocalists whose signature sound is harmony would count.

I'm not much for watching music, so that dancing aspect doesn't matter to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would say that any group of 3+ young male vocalists whose signature sound is harmony would count.

I'm not much for watching music, so that dancing aspect doesn't matter to me.

I don't know. I wouldn't call CSNY a boy band for example, and they were all about harmonizing, and they were young when they started. Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, N'Sync - those are boy bands, and even though they've aged and at least some still perform together, they're still "boy bands" pretty much. Singers and dancers, not so much musicians (other than singing of course).

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I don't know. I wouldn't call CSNY a boy band for example, and they were all about harmonizing, and they were young when they started. Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, N'Sync - those are boy bands, and even though they've aged and at least some still perform together, they're still "boy bands" pretty much. Singers and dancers, not so much musicians (other than singing of course).

I wouldn't call Crosby, Stills, Nash and sometimes Young "pop music," and they weren't young when they started together, were they? I thought they had all done something else first. But I would see them as an exception, yes, so I guess my definition isn't perfect.

I still say the Beach Boys were a boy band, though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wouldn't call Crosby, Stills, Nash and sometimes Young "pop music," and they weren't young when they started together, were they? I thought they had all done something else first. But I would see them as an exception, yes, so I guess my definition isn't perfect.

I still say the Beach Boys were a boy band, though.
    CSNY were probably in their early 20's when they got together. At my age, that seems like "boys". :): But seriously though, the difference (for me) is the lack of playing musical instruments. Singing and dancing to pre-recorded tracks (and using autotune for the singing) is what differentiates a "boy band" from just a band made up of young guys.

Top Bottom