• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just switched our home network over to metronet fiber. My pings to a google server went from 60-500+ms to 8-9ms consistently.

incredible.

if you have the choice... it’s not really a choice. I have 1gbps for $70/mo

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Must be nice.

My ping time is anywhere from 40 ms when things are working well (25 Mbps) to 500 ms when they aren't (sub-1Mbps). My only other choice is Spectrum, who I have already fired once.

Waiting patiently for Endeavor to run fiber out this way.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Had Metronet fiber optic internet and TV at the old house. Loved the speed of the internet. The tv... not so much. They consistently changed the channel selection so all the outdoor channels I liked were no longer in our package. I could add them back for an additional fee along with 47 other channels I would never watch. Their underground sub was nice enough to ask if he could drill a 6” hole in my driveway to see how deep the gas line was so they didn’t hit it directional boring the conduits for the fiber optic. He though I was kidding when I told him “Sure. If you saw cut the entire section out and repour it.” The House was 2 years old. Instead they drilled through the sidewalk and filled it with sand. They did repair it with bag mixed concrete that was almost black. Same guys that hit numerous gas lines in fishers and got booted by the town council.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Comcast SUX!!!!!!! There, I feel better now.
    Technically it’s Xfinity... but regardless how you say it, spell it, write it down... it all spells sucks in the end. But seriously, who do you go with? Any company can choke down your internet at any given time, and what are you going to do.. **** and moan, why? Because it’s a needed item and you can’t just make your own internet now can we? Any company I have went through for internet sucks, you have to buy our router, you have to move your internet from 250 to 400... well I wasn’t getting 250 let alone 125 so why should I get more when I wasn’t getting what I was paying for anyway. It’s a consortium.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Had Metronet fiber optic internet and TV at the old house. Loved the speed of the internet. The tv... not so much. They consistently changed the channel selection so all the outdoor channels I liked were no longer in our package. I could add them back for an additional fee along with 47 other channels I would never watch. Their underground sub was nice enough to ask if he could drill a 6” hole in my driveway to see how deep the gas line was so they didn’t hit it directional boring the conduits for the fiber optic. He though I was kidding when I told him “Sure. If you saw cut the entire section out and repour it.” The House was 2 years old. Instead they drilled through the sidewalk and filled it with sand. They did repair it with bag mixed concrete that was almost black. Same guys that hit numerous gas lines in fishers and got booted by the town council.

They hit a FEW gas lines here in GW, too. But mainly they hit the telco lines. Like mine. AT&T practically followed behind them to repair all the stuff they nicked or cut. I believe when they hit mine, the TV still worked fine by the Internet didn't. It wasn't a complete tear, but nicked it just right so that one of the signals could come across and one didn't.

Top Bottom