• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so ive got twin girls 23 years old, one started dating a guy about 4 years ago, and on january 21st, they broke up, as a dad i saw it coming she was in a different spot than he was, even tho i saw it coming my heart still hurt for her, (the 21st was her birthday, she had a few to drink, he had a lot to drink, she ended up sobering up to take care of him, they were at my house), she ended up crying on my shoulder and i listened (cause im dad thats why), so thats why im a unhappy dad.

today i get home from work, and the other daughters boyfriend is on the front porch (she's at work) with their dogs, and we walk in, he starts asking me questions about aquariums (ive had tanks for 30+ years) so were talking, and im cooking dinner for the wife, cause you know it valentines day, when he abruptly changes direction and says "i know the things that happened between my other daughter and fred (not his real name)" and i was wanting to ask for your daughters hand in marriage...i knew it was coming, they've been dating for almost 4 years, and he is the best friend of my other daughters now ex boyfriend, so thats another story.

but as i was smiling inside, i made the comment "dont ever hurt her, cause i'll hurt you worse", and that "i know people that own wood chippers that owe me favors" and that "i'd feed you in feet first!" he said i wouldnt ever, and then he said "you didnt need to say wood chipper, you have a safe full of guns!"... and ive taken him shooting so he knows how good of a shot i am!

so im a happy in the sense that boyfriend#2 respected me enough to ask for my permission, and sad for daughter #1

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My oldest spent three years with the wrong guy. The family all saw it, but she didn't.

That is until she did. Sad times happened when she broke it off with him, but it was all for the best. At least there were no nuptials involved.

Congrats on yours, hope that the ex being a friend to the other doesn't cause problems tho.

I like the wood chipper idea. I usually just tell them that I have an excavator and a lot of properties all over the place.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom