• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I opened Firefox. I clicked on the three vertical and one diagonal line left up to right down position .
    it opens up a list, "Bookmarks, View Pocket list, History, Downloads, ETC".
    When I click on History. A list of everything I viewed on the internet.
    Between yesterday and today. I received (not requested or unwanted) downloaded updates to Firefox and Windows.
    Now I can not delete my history.
    Every time I go to close out of internet. I would clear my internet history.
    The label is still there but half bright.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I opened Firefox. I clicked on the three vertical and one diagonal line left up to right down position .
    it opens up a list, "Bookmarks, View Pocket list, History, Downloads, ETC".
    When I click on History. A list of everything I viewed on the internet.
    Between yesterday and today. I received (not requested or unwanted) downloaded updates to Firefox and Windows.
    Now I can not delete my history.
    Every time I go to close out of internet. I would clear my internet history.
    The label is still there but half bright.

What do you have to hide, citizen?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your solution:
    ron-swanson-computer.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I just tried it. I right clicked on "today" and clicked "delete."
    ????

This is what I have to work with, I click on History, (in bold dark letters) View History sidebar.
    Next in (dim light letters) Clear Recent History. That use to be in the same bold dark letters.
    Then in bold dark letters, recently closed tabs and windows.

Why would Firefox now choose to keep all my history?

AS to the other comments. Do you have shades on your windows around your house.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    They all "spy". As wtburnette posted, most allow you to do some sort of clean-up on exit.

I use Opera, myself. Lots of control. I dump pretty much everything but some bookmarks at shutdown. Also has a "private" window (most do), that doesn't keep anything in the first place. I haven't played with it a ton, but Opera has a VPN, so that you can "appear" to be in different locations (Americas, Europe, or Asia).

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1. Paste this in your Firefox address bar
      Code:
      about:preferences#privacy
    2. Scroll down to history
    3. Click clear History button.
    4. Bonus, if you never want it to remember history, set the drop down to "Never remember history"

While this will delete the local browsing history, your ISP is the one you should really be worried about. You should call them and have them delete your history as well.

:popcorn:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    ????

This is what I have to work with, I click on History, (in bold dark letters) View History sidebar.
    Next in (dim light letters) Clear Recent History. That use to be in the same bold dark letters.
    Then in bold dark letters, recently closed tabs and windows.

Why would Firefox now choose to keep all my history?

AS to the other comments. Do you have shades on your windows around your house.

Yeah I don't know how you made yours do that. I checked and I have the latest version of firefox and it still allows me to delete history from either the sidebar or the dropdown menu.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    You guys believe that clearing your browsing history in Firefox clears the record of anything?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Options > Privacy & Security > History - set the drop down box to "use custom..." and check the box for Clear History When Firefox Exits.

This is probably the easiest way to handle it. I'd recommend taking it one step further and after enabling Clear History, also click on Settings and enable as many of those types of data as you feel appropriate.

If you really want to enable additional privacy, enable clearing everything but cookies and then use the Cookie AutoDelete add-on which will clear cookies 5 seconds after you close the window and enable you to white-list cookies that you want to keep around (like your INGO login cookie).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    This is probably the easiest way to handle it. I'd recommend taking it one step further and after enabling Clear History, also click on Settings and enable as many of those types of data as you feel appropriate.

If you really want to enable additional privacy, enable clearing everything but cookies and then use the Cookie AutoDelete add-on which will clear cookies 5 seconds after you close the window and enable you to white-list cookies that you want to keep around (like your INGO login cookie).

Thanks everyone. I now click on history and there is nothing listed. Even View all history is clear.

Top Bottom