Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 447 of 518 FirstFirst ... 347 397 437 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 457 497 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 5177

User Info Menu

The roads to Chicago are 3 and 4 lane. If you cannot get around me in the middle lane, especially when I am following someone else that is going 10 -15 miles over the posted limit...

You don't know how to drive.

Still, if traffic was "OPEN" to quote jedi what is the problem, aside from having another thing to whine about?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    The law is that you cannot block the left lane, I do not drive in the left lane. If the left lane is open for you to pass use it.
    No, actually it is not.

It's a failure to yield right of way law. There is also a separate left lane is the passing lane law. If you are on a 3 or 4 lane road, and you are in the middle lane(s), even if you are speeding, and traffic comes up from behind you, it is your obligation to move to the next lane to the right and yield to the faster traffic. We went over this is a driving class, taught by active police officers, that I took last year to upgrade my license

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    I've never heard of anyone, ever, getting a ticket for the left lane violation. ...
    That doesn't change the fact that it was on TV and in print news this summer.

So it has been happening. I also wish it would happen far more often.

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    The roads to Chicago are 3 and 4 lane. If you cannot get around me in the middle lane, especially when I am following someone else that is going 10 -15 miles over the posted limit...

You don't know how to drive.

Still, if traffic was "OPEN" to quote jedi what is the problem, aside from having another thing to whine about?
    I understand what you are saying, you are still in violation of the law. Not saying others are not also in violation. But you are suggesting that you are not and you, in fact, are.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post
    Anyone got some 1" plywood lying around? Or some 1x16 boards? I need nine 1"x16"x16" squares, so 4'x4' or 1"x16"x12'..
    1 inch thick plywood?
    I might have something, but I don't think it's 1 inch thick.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    1 inch thick plywood?
    I might have something, but I don't think it's 1 inch thick.
    I ended up going to Menard's, thanks. It's not an inch, but maybe 7/8. Was supposed to be $18.96 and rang up at $9.90.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

I ended up going to Menard's, thanks. It's not an inch, but maybe 7/8. Was supposed to be $18.96 and rang up at $9.90.
    They often have cut or damaged pieces for less.

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    They often have cut or damaged pieces for less.
    This was just the regular 4x4 handi-panel. Not sure why it rang up for less, but not complaining. It's nice thick sanded plywood... just what I needed. Now I need to cut it into nine 16x16 squares for my pegboard racks.

Similar to this $86 rack but the sides on mine will be a few inches longer and wider, and I can make them for about $35 a piece.

Last edited by Snapdragon; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    No, actually it is not.

It's a failure to yield right of way law. There is also a separate left lane is the passing lane law. If you are on a 3 or 4 lane road, and you are in the middle lane(s), even if you are speeding, and traffic comes up from behind you, it is your obligation to move to the next lane to the right and yield to the faster traffic. We went over this is a driving class, taught by active police officers, that I took last year to upgrade my license

That doesn't change the fact that it was on TV and in print news this summer.

So it has been happening. I also wish it would happen far more often.

I understand what you are saying, you are still in violation of the law. Not saying others are not also in violation. But you are suggesting that you are not and you, in fact, are.
    You better hope that a cop pulls me over if you are trying to push me and there is a way to go around me.

ETA I may quickly slow don 15-20 MPH to get to the right and out of your way. I would hate for you to be late for work just because you left late.
    Last edited by 2A_Tom; 4 Weeks Ago at 16:41.

User Info Menu

Funny how these "errors" always favor the government.

User Info Menu

Nothing new...
    The other scam is the city residential parking sticker.
    Some streets require a city sticker to show you are a resident of that street. At city parks the side of the street with the park is always free parking. The other side may be residential parking only. City parking enforcers will still give you a ticket for parking on the park side.

You then have 3 options.
    Pay the $75 ticket
    Send via mail your appeal
    Go to city hall to turn in your appeal

Both times jedi has gotten this bogus ticket when jedi goes to city hall to submit the appeal the various clerks that jedi has seen will always say "you know you can just pay the ticket"

User Info Menu

This was just the regular 4x4 handi-panel. Not sure why it rang up for less, but not complaining. It's nice thick sanded plywood... just what I needed. Now I need to cut it into nine 16x16 squares for my pegboard racks.

Similar to this $86 rack but the sides on mine will be a few inches longer and wider, and I can make them for about $35 a piece.

I made a revolving display like this for my daughter some years ago with the top opening so she could put stuff inside.

Knowledge keeps one from being vulnerable.