Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 508 of 542 FirstFirst ... 8 408 458 498 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 518 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 5414

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    There's this disproportionate feeling of achievement...

If things go well in the morning, I sometimes feel like that will be my most impressive accomplishment of the day.
    If you have weeks of problems, and severe pain, followed by vomiting, a good poop is AWESOME.
    Especially when you stop the milk of magnesia, and a week later, the poop continues.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    I wear coveralls underneath my fire retardant clothes at work.
    I have a hard time trying to find ones without modern materials that melt.
    If it catches fire, it's better to burn, than to melt.

Anyway, the coveralls act like the long johns your neighbor wore. It's another layer to keep the heat off me, or the cold.
    Was also useful when my outer layer pants caught on fire at the bottom of the right leg, burned all the way up to the knee before we could get the fire out.
    Coverall were okay, but singed and black. Boot was discolored.
    Some sparks made it down the neck of the shirt and burned multiple holes in the t-shirt, and melted the elastic band on the underwear to my belly hair.
    Leg on fire, sparks went down your shirt? Did you have your foot in your mouth...

again?

User Info Menu

Larry was a seaman not a GI! Why are we always talking about his GI?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    Leg on fire, sparks went down your shirt? Did you have your foot in your mouth...

again?
    I caught a wide arc of sparks.
    I had fortunately tilted my head, so that the helmet caught the brunt of it. The sparks hit me in the head (helmet) and chest.
    Some went down the shirt.
    Some fell into the cuff of the pants, which I had rolled up because they were too long. Which you are NOT supposed to do, for that very reason.
    But, you're also not supposed to cut the pants, because they fray, which causes tripping, and fire problems.
    So.. they should have given me pant legs that were shorter.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

OK, that went a bit far even for me. <redacted>
    Last edited by Snapdragon; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

I think my explanation was more colorful.

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    I caught a wide arc of sparks.
    I had fortunately tilted my head, so that the helmet caught the brunt of it. The sparks hit me in the head (helmet) and chest.
    Some went down the shirt.
    Some fell into the cuff of the pants, which I had rolled up because they were too long. Which you are NOT supposed to do, for that very reason.
    But, you're also not supposed to cut the pants, because they fray, which causes tripping, and fire problems.
    So.. they should have given me pant legs that were shorter.
    Or you should have been taller. Duh
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

KLB

User Info Menu

And next time roll them up on the inside
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    Or you should have been taller. Duh
    Oh quit making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    And next time roll them up on the inside
    You should know better than that, there is probably even an OSHA rule to forbid that!

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    There's this disproportionate feeling of achievement...

If things go well in the morning, I sometimes feel like that will be my most impressive accomplishment of the day.
    This is true for me almost every day. But I'm an under achiever so....

User Info Menu

You guys should really give Mando a chance though. Lucas was involved as a consultant and Dave Filoni, one of the Exec Producers/Writers, is basically his personally chosen successor. Jon Favreau is also good at what he does.