• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I seen an advertisement for "4 Patriots" survival meals for just under $15.00.
    For $15. I thought I would see what they offer.
    They clam you will have," 72 hour survival food kit", "delicious meals for breakfast, Lunch, and dinner".
    Here is what I received.
    One package net wt. 7.7 oz of Organic Tangy Tomato Basil soup. 8 servings of 1/4 cup.
    One package net wt 14.7 oz of Cinnamon sugar oatmeal. 8 servings of 1/2 cup.
    One package net wt 9.4 oz of American Finest mac & Cheese 4 servings of 1/3 cup.

I am sure I and many no more would survive. I would probably lose some weight.

OH what I did or do receive plenty of is E-mail advertisement of more of their survival CR-P multi times a day from "4 Patriots".

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Oh man, none of that sounds remotely good to me but hey it’s for survival I guess. Thanks for the info on the email spamming, I’ll try to avoid that, already to many emails to go through.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yesterday, I had a dill pickle that I picked and lacto fermented in July. Never been heated or sealed with conventional canning.

Last week, tomato soup made from two year old dehydrated tomato leathers from that year's garden harvest. Combined with frozen fish bone broth made from bluegills caught in October.

The point is to concentrate on making your own. You know exactly what's in it and how it's been handled all along the way.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    If you're canning you own, just make sure you have the shelves and cans braced to withstand the next New Madrid quake. It would be a shame to do all that work and have all that stored up and lose it all to some shaking and resulting broken glass.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Yesterday, I had a dill pickle that I picked and lacto fermented in July. Never been heated or sealed with conventional canning.

Last week, tomato soup made from two year old dehydrated tomato leathers from that year's garden harvest. Combined with frozen fish bone broth made from bluegills caught in October.

The point is to concentrate on making your own. You know exactly what's in it and how it's been handled all along the way.

All of that sound delicious. I was a WWII baby. My Mom did some canning. I remember enjoying having vegetables all winter long. Then the stores began to be stocked with fresh vegetables. That stopped a lot of work for my Mom.

I wish I could be resourceful as YOU.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I tried the food packages.
    1st "oatmeal" is Oatmeal no matter what flavoring you add it is Oatmeal.
    I am not a Mac & cheese alone fan. I generally mix it with chili.
    This time I mixed it with the "Organic Tangy Tomato Basil" soup.
    I boo-booed, I only put the recommended water for the Mac & cheese.
    I poured in the Soup first and then added the Mac & Cheese.
    The noodles were crunchy. The flavor was very good. I added more water.
    Now it is sitting for my next meal.
    I should have made the soup and mac in different pots and then mixed.
    I went to Meijer's and priced the similar items. I would have saved a bit of money.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I filed a complaint with 4 Patriots 72 hour meal.
    They send me a notice that they are refunding my $14.+.
    Checked my credit card and YES they refunded my $14.+

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I got another ad from "4Patriots Survival Food Kits" today.
    I actually have been wanting info/direction about "survival foods."
    This thread came up with a search here.

My foster parents were stocked up on such things, along with "survival" shotguns and the like, but that was later in life when I wasn't around.
    I see places like religious shows, Rural King, Sams Club and etc. and don't know where to begin.

The weakness I see in all this is having proper clean water and the ability to make boiling water, so a person has to buy independent ways of providing such things as well.
    But, dehydrated food is a start if not total disaster.

Any recommendations, or just read the thread here?
    Especially companies to avoid and/or companies that are "safe."
    Thanks! :ingo:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I got another ad from "4Patriots Survival Food Kits" today.
    I actually have been wanting info/direction about "survival foods."
    This thread came up with a search here.

My foster parents were stocked up on such things, along with "survival" shotguns and the like, but that was later in life when I wasn't around.
    I see places like religious shows, Rural King, Sams Club and etc. and don't know where to begin.

The weakness I see in all this is having proper clean water and the ability to make boiling water, so a person has to buy independent ways of providing such things as well.
    But, dehydrated food is a start if not total disaster.

Any recommendations, or just read the thread here?
    Especially companies to avoid and/or companies that are "safe."
    Thanks! :ingo:

Back up out of the break room, and a few fora up is a "Survival and Disaster Preparedness" forum. You'll be sipping from a firehose there. I'm prepared to be warm, well fed, and not in the dark.

Top Bottom