• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Whenever I purchase something online I always experience a tinge of dread shoot down my spine when I see that it will be shipped via Fedex. Last week I ordered a different set of wheels for my truck and was less than thrilled to see that Fedex would be delivering them. I checked tracking when it was available and it showed that they would be delivered today. Great, no problem there. I call to schedule to have the wheels installed on Thursday figuring I'd better leave a day in there for Fedex to do what Fedex always does, they didn't disappoint.

I received one wheel yesterday. Out of four identical boxes shipped at the same time, from the same location, to be delivered to the same address tomorrow I received one yesterday. Kind of odd but certainly not outside of Fedex's standard operating procedure. I just checked tracking again and now the remaining three boxes have been delayed until tomorrow. We have weather scheduled to hit this evening and overnight which means there's a 97% chance Fedex will decide they simply couldn't possibly hope to get more than three or four packages delivered in the 24 hours after the first snowflake falls.

They need to go back to their old name of Federal Express. Their incompetence certainly rivals that of the Federal Government. Every single thing of mine they've ever gotten their hands on has been screwed up in one fashion or another.

Rant over

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Whenever I purchase something online I always experience a tinge of dread shoot down my spine when I see that it will be shipped via Fedex. Last week I ordered a different set of wheels for my truck and was less than thrilled to see that Fedex would be delivering them. I checked tracking when it was available and it showed that they would be delivered today. Great, no problem there. I call to schedule to have the wheels installed on Thursday figuring I'd better leave a day in there for Fedex to do what Fedex always does, they didn't disappoint.

I received one wheel yesterday. Out of four identical boxes shipped at the same time, from the same location, to be delivered to the same address tomorrow I received one yesterday. Kind of odd but certainly not outside of Fedex's standard operating procedure. I just checked tracking again and now the remaining three boxes have been delayed until tomorrow. We have weather scheduled to hit this evening and overnight which means there's a 97% chance Fedex will decide they simply couldn't possibly hope to get more than three or four packages delivered in the 24 hours after the first snowflake falls.

They need to go back to their old name of Federal Express. Their incompetence certainly rivals that of the Federal Government. Every single thing of mine they've ever gotten their hands on has been screwed up in one fashion or another.

Rant over

We order a LOT of pet food and other supplies from Chewy. Our ONLY complaint with Chewy is they ship with FedEx. Packages are delivered inconsistently and not infrequently banged up. Sometimes they show up on time, sometimes they don't.

Like you, I have the dread when I see something shipped FedEx.

UPS is consistently excellent. USPS is even better than those jackalopes.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Brownells uses FedEx. Last order from them was one week ago this past Sunday. Estimated arrival on Thursday. I have gotten a couple deliveries from other places that were made after that order.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's where we're fortunate, we have a great driver, and he fortunately has great attendance.

I believe they jack the route drivers around in our area.
    The regulars from FedX/UPS/USPS put packages in my recently walled in car port out of sight.
    We have them on camera doing their thing. The stand-ins just drop them in the drive by the front door regardless of delivery instructions rain or shine. They could give a ****. We have them on Camera as well. USPS leaves the mailbox lid open in a driving rain. No worries it aunt their mail.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I usually don't have issues with FedEx or Ups. Post office, thats a whole different story. Since our regular mail lady retired about 5 years ago our route is now a training route. Lost packages, packages delivered to wrong address, and 1 day mail will come at 9:30am the next day it could be after 6pm. Nothing but issues

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My only package delivery hassle has been with Amazon's own delivery service. With 3 orders since Christmas, none have been on time.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to hear this.
    UPS and FedEx are pretty good where I live.
    The Post Office (USPS) is the one I will NEVER knowingly have anything shipped to me with.
    In fact, it's a deal breaker if I know ahead of time.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I never have issues. Maybe because my wife is a small business owner and in the beginning would call what seemed like a million times to see what was up.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    FedEx and USPS are in a dead heat for who sucks more in my area. This year I bought a Sam's Club premium or plus or whatever it's called membership because you get free shipping with it (and what I initially bought was going to cost 3x the amount of the membership just in shipping) and they use FedEx.

Well, since I paid for the membership, I use it. A couple of months ago I ordered some coffee. Nothing fancy. Just 2 giant round containers of Folgers. BOTH blown open inside the box (past the impossible to INTENTIONALLY remove foil seals and everything). It looked like Pablo Escobar was operating a mule operation within the Walton empire inside that box.

Last week I ordered a couple of boxes of Club crackers, but they're big boxes full of small packages (about 1/3 the size of a regular sleeve, or IMO, "a serving"). BOTH of those boxes had blown open in transit too so when I opened the actual shipping box there's just like 40 little packages of crackers all over the place inside it.

Awhile ago I bought a floor jack on Amazon that is something stupid like 98lbs. I assume it was too heavy for UPS, so it came FedEx. As expected, I received a floorjack with some pieces of box and styrofoam still barely clinging to it. If not for the banding, it wouldn't have had any box at all.

I wish there were an option with some of these places to pay like a buck more and have it shipped with UPS. I routinely have 0 issues with UPS and I'm a heavy online consumer. I made almost 300 Amazon Prime orders last year and almost never had an issue as long as it was UPS.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    We order a LOT of pet food and other supplies from Chewy. Our ONLY complaint with Chewy is they ship with FedEx. Packages are delivered inconsistently and not infrequently banged up. Sometimes they show up on time, sometimes they don't.

Like you, I have the dread when I see something shipped FedEx.

UPS is consistently excellent. USPS is even better than those jackalopes.

Same here. We've had Chewy instruct FedEx to leave packages on the back porch. They've driven to the top of the drive, turn around, then drop the box halfway down in weeds, in the middle of drive literally under the bumper of the truck, by the mailbox next to the road in the road in the rain, on the front deck, under the front deck, etc.. Even when the boxes were on the porch, they were barely on the edge. :rolleyes:
    Not to mention the driver who had our route was a stone cold *******. The Boss saw him dumping our stuff in the middle one day and went out to find out the deal. He got really ****ty about it and started loading our packages back on the truck. Needless to say she went off on him, bad enough that I was trying to figure out where to come up with her bail. Redheads, fun when they happy but when they lose their temper, look out! :runaway:
    ******* driver even had the balls to admit he actually enjoyed pissing off people, especially women. I just "happened" to walk out side when I heard him start to raise his voice with her. Made and held eye contact with him, just stood there with my arms crossed, and he changed his tune real quick. Yes sir, yes ma'am, where on the porch do you want the boxes? I don't think Mr. 9 tucked in my waistband hurt anything either. :):
    I guess FedEx finally got FedUp with all the complaints on him and since they couldn't fire him because he worked for a contractor, they fired the contractor! :evilangel:
    But I do have to admit the new contractor and driver have been much better, other the boxes being fairly beat up we haven't any major problems.
    UPS, yeah, they've been excellent here also. Packages not just on the porch but right next to the door. And UPS seems to get stuff here quicker, on the scheduled day or even a day early quite often. Ordered ammo, supposed to arrive in 2 days, was on the porch next afternoon as an example.

TL;DR: UPS rulez, FedEx droolz :twocents:

Almost forgot. The Boss started calling the old FedEx driver tinkerbell. Before his contractor got fired she would go out there and greet him with a cheery "Hey tinkerbell!" :laugh::laugh::laugh: I think he learned every stitch on his shoes in no time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've got a C&R pistol coming via UPS today (Second Day Air) and for the first time, in addition to the normal email notification, they sent me a second email with a link to a site where I can see exactly where the truck is in real time. I don't know if it's just because it's 2nd Day, or signature required or what. Had them deliver some ammo (for this pistol) yesterday but didn't get the live tracking email with that one.

Watching the truck "live" though... makes me wonder who comes up with their routes. Go north, then go back south. Then go back north, and west. Then go east and back south, then north again. There's no rhyme or reason to it at all that I can see. :n00b:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Aaagggghhhh... Case in point about the route. He was moving ever closer to my house and at one point was literally just 2 streets over from me. Now he's heading AWAY again (going back north). Their logistics planning really could use some work.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I am always happy when the FedEx truck pulls in the driveway. Our FedEx driver is female and entirely too hot to be driving a FedEx truck.;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup, they’re incompetent.

Last time I had them delivering a $350 tent and a ground tarp. Both were supposed to be signed for. They left the tent at my house with no signature. Then took the tarp to their Indy location and forced me to drive to Indy for a damn tarp. Never mind that there is a fedex (not the little ones in OfficeMax, this is a big FedEx shipping hub) right here in Columbus. Calling them and trying to pick it up at their hub in Columbus just made me more irritated.....

Completely incompetent.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom