• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Many times when reading a news story, the first line reads, “According to probable cause affidavit...”. Sometimes there’s a link to the actual document, most times I’m at the mercy of a lazy reporter to trust their version. Are these a matter of public record? If so, is there an easy way to search them online?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Im familiar with this...is the probable cause affidavit here? I’ve looked here but never found one.

Not every court includes them. Not sure there's any rhyme or reason to when documents are included in mycase and when they are not.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Not every court includes them. Not sure there's any rhyme or reason to when documents are included in mycase and when they are not.

Got it. Since I live in central Indiana, most stories that grab my attention are Marion County based. The news media frequently cite them, but rarely post a link. I was hoping they were just being lazy and could easily find them myself. I don’t think I’ve ever been able to find one.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I can generally only see them in mycase if I am logged in, but the rumor is that ability to access mycase docs electronically is going away.

This would surprise me since many courts have completely done away with paper files, at least for newer cases. I don't know how you could review a court file otherwise prior to getting into a case etc. I suppose they could make everyone use the public terminal at the courthouse, but that would be highly unfortunate.

Top Bottom