• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    My bro in law wants to get his 2016 buck scored and is taking it to the expo this weekend. Has anyone here done this before? Worth the time and/or hassle to take one there?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    If your brother in law does any archery shooting, we will have free onsite mount scoring by an official scorer at our archery expo at the St. Anthony Conservation Club. Might be a bit of a drive just for to get a head scored, but there is a lot to do if you are into archery.

YJJKlRk.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    If it is a serious candidate to make HRB, B&C or P&Y, it is far less hassle to simply google scorers in his area and then call one to set up an appointment to have it scored. Otherwise, as mentioned, there are plenty of sources for info on how to score one and do it himself.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    It's definitely P&Y. The website says $15 scoring fee but that's probably just for the HRB, right? Extra for a B&C or P&Y score?

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    My brother, who is a member on here, has a B&C qualifying non typical mount but chose not to have it officially scored and entered for whatever reason.

Last edited:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    My bro in law really wanted a deer in the books. The official P&Y score for his 2016 buck was 141". In the end he paid $50 ($15 for the initial HRB score and $35 for the P&Y). I don't think you could get a P&Y or B&C without the HRB score first. By the time I got there yesterday I made the wrong decision and parked within the fairgrounds itself...not on the south side of 38th. I ended up parking in the infield of the track. I first opted not to drag the deer head through the crowd and that was a smart call. When we finally made it to the Expo part we talked to the guy running the scoring table and he said just drive up to one of the doors close by, drop it off and then get yourself a closer parking space and that was exactly what I did. Got my hand stamped, went outside and bypassed all the crowd walking back to my vehicle. I've never had to park in the infield before. Of course I normally don't go on Saturday either. Next time I'll remember to park on the south side of 38th and/or not go on Saturday. It was stupid crowded yesterday.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I like to know the scores on my bucks but have no desire to enter them in to P&Y or B&C.

And I stopped scoring mine at all. Among a couple other factors, it cheapened my experiences and memories, and it removed some of the joy from the thing. Renfro is at the very top of that list, and I will NEVER attend another of their expos.

To anybody in this, I'd suggest you be careful how far away you get from the actual time in the woods and the respect for the animal. You might just wake up one day with regrets.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I still score mine, mostly out of curiosity and because I like knowing the measurements for mine own purposes, but I'll probably never enter another one in HRB nor would I even consider entering one in P&Y or B&C.

Top Bottom