• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    It's hard to understand why anyone would want to dress up like the opposite sex and build an impersonation act for the purpose of entertaining people. it's even harder to understand why parents would take their children to see those people. But they exist, and people are (thank God) free enough to decide if they want themselves/their family exposed to this kind of stuff.

As long as the event didn't take an unreasonable amount of public funding (I hope very little,if any) I concur with Jeepfanatic above.

I don't necessarily disagree with OP, depending on what you mean by "wrong". It's certainly abnormal. But if you mean MORALLY wrong, could you explain why you think it is?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It's hard to understand why anyone would want to dress up like the opposite sex and build an impersonation act for the purpose of entertaining people. it's even harder to understand why parents would take their children to see those people. But they exist, and people are (thank God) free enough to decide if they want themselves/their family exposed to this kind of stuff.

As long as the event didn't take an unreasonable amount of public funding (I hope very little,if any) I concur with Jeepfanatic above.

I don't necessarily disagree with OP, depending on what you mean by "wrong". It's certainly abnormal. But if you mean MORALLY wrong, could you explain why you think it is?

Prayer is not allowed in public schools yet this event is welcomed by the public library board. Need more?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hey, you guys are so mean.
    These poor unstable mentally defective brain disorders need to read somewhere. :dunno:

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Prayer is not allowed in public schools yet this event is welcomed by the public library board. Need more?

I used to pray all the time during school days at Marlin Elementary School, University Elementary School, Tri-North Middle School, and Bloomington High School North, all public. I was allowed to be excused from mandatory school assemblies if I wanted to pray. I was allowed to walk into class 2 minutes late if I was praying during a passing period. I knew plenty of kids that would pray during the moment of silence. My football team prayed together in the locker room before games. Is there a more specific type of prayer you're referring to?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I used to pray all the time during school days at Marlin Elementary School, University Elementary School, Tri-North Middle School, and Bloomington High School North, all public. I was allowed to be excused from mandatory school assemblies if I wanted to pray. I was allowed to walk into class 2 minutes late if I was praying during a passing period. I knew plenty of kids that would pray during the moment of silence. My football team prayed together in the locker room before games. Is there a more specific type of prayer you're referring to?

"Used to" Unless I'm wrong here is the latest....

Indiana’s school prayer statute is known as a "minute of silence" law, which is allowed so long as the state (in the form of the school or school staff) doesn't impose any pressure on students to pray or engage in any kind of religious activity. The law explicitly states this time is not for religious service or exercise and cannot be conducted as one. Instead, students must be allowed to meditate silently, on a religious theme or not. It's important to note that once a teacher or school official suggests that any moment of silence should be used for religious prayer, the activity is then considered to advance religion and is unconstitutional.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I can think of worse things. If I were there and my kids wanted to sit and listen, I wouldn't stop them. (but I wouldnt drag them to the event)

But I do know this; If they REALLY just wanted to read to kids and nothing more, no agenda, etc. they would just show up in street clothes and do it. There are more appropriate places for their costumes.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Their agenda is to groom the kids to accept the LGBTQ activities as completely normal.
    Additionally, they want to introduce children to the idea of sexuality as early as possible. This makes it easier to turn simple admiration for older, more competent members of the child's gender into a sexual attraction and relationship. They can use hero worship by girls and boys to create more LGBTQ individuals.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Their agenda is to groom the kids to accept the LGBTQ activities as completely normal.
    Additionally, they want to introduce children to the idea of sexuality as early as possible. This makes it easier to turn simple admiration for older, more competent members of the child's gender into a sexual attraction and relationship. They can use hero worship by girls and boys to create more LGBTQ individuals.

You're exactly right.
    It's all part of a huge agenda. Every step of the way has been praised just like the first man on the moon. I remember in CA working in theatre and there was some awards show on TV in the greenroom and someone got an award for the first male to male kiss on prime time (or some ****) They all went historical. To them it was huge. Thing is, the gay and/or tranny directors and writers try to push that envelope every year just to see how far they can go. During the Obummer years, not many were holding them back. It won't stop.

I even worked on an LA show called "The First Gentleman". You guessed it. First open gay couple in the whitehouse. And this was before Obama and Michael being the first gay and tranny couple in the whitehouse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can think of worse things. If I were there and my kids wanted to sit and listen, I wouldn't stop them. (but I wouldnt drag them to the event)

But I do know this; If they REALLY just wanted to read to kids and nothing more, no agenda, etc. they would just show up in street clothes and do it. There are more appropriate places for their costumes.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    You're exactly right.
    It's all part of a huge agenda. Every step of the way has been praised just like the first man on the moon. I remember in CA working in theatre and there was some awards show on TV in the greenroom and someone got an award for the first male to male kiss on prime time (or some ****) They all went historical. To them it was huge. Thing is, the gay and/or tranny directors and writers try to push that envelope every year just to see how far they can go. During the Obummer years, not many were holding them back. It won't stop.

I even worked on an LA show called "The First Gentleman". You guessed it. First open gay couple in the whitehouse. And this was before Obama and Michael being the first gay and tranny couple in the whitehouse.

Best quote of 2019 so far........
    "And this was before Obama and Michael being the first gay and tranny couple in the whitehouse."

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    "Used to" Unless I'm wrong here is the latest....

Indiana’s school prayer statute is known as a "minute of silence" law, which is allowed so long as the state (in the form of the school or school staff) doesn't impose any pressure on students to pray or engage in any kind of religious activity. The law explicitly states this time is not for religious service or exercise and cannot be conducted as one. Instead, students must be allowed to meditate silently, on a religious theme or not. It's important to note that once a teacher or school official suggests that any moment of silence should be used for religious prayer, the activity is then considered to advance religion and is unconstitutional.

Interesting. Seems like sort of unnecessary law. But I wouldn't say it's disallowing prayer in public schools, seems like more being aimed at making sure public schools and their teachers dont force religion upon students, which makes sense, but to criminalize merely "suggesting that any moment of silence should be used for religious prayer" seems ridiculous. So I see what you're saying, but when you said prayer isn't allowed in public schools, that's different from what this law suggests.It definitely seems like an overkill attempt by the PC Police to satisfy social demands.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Interesting. Seems like sort of unnecessary law. But I wouldn't say it's disallowing prayer in public schools, seems like more being aimed at making sure public schools and their teachers dont force religion upon students, which makes sense, but to criminalize merely "suggesting that any moment of silence should be used for religious prayer" seems ridiculous. So I see what you're saying, but when you said prayer isn't allowed in public schools, that's different from what this law suggests.It definitely seems like an overkill attempt by the PC Police to satisfy social demands.

It's just not during classroom hours. This may be more suited for another thread but here's a couple of recent incidents.
    https://www.wibc.com/news/local-new...aches-staff-not-pray-students-after-complaint
    https://www.wthr.com/article/group-football-coachs-team-prayer-flagrant-violation

Top Bottom