• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Rumor has it that Twin Peaks is putting in a restaurant next to the new Kroger at Emerson/Countyline; anybody have any confirmation or knowledge? We stopped at the one on the north side yesterday but our poor waitress couldn't even figure out how to give my wife an indication of how big their burgers were so I didn't want to burden her with Mensa level thinking!:n00b:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Rumor has it that Twin Peaks is putting in a restaurant next to the new Kroger at Emerson/Countyline; anybody have any confirmation or knowledge? We stopped at the one on the north side yesterday but our poor waitress couldn't even figure out how to give my wife an indication of how big their burgers were so I didn't want to burden her with Mensa level thinking!:n00b:
    I would go with the cup size chart. "This burger is DD". This is a childs burger, we call that one a "C" cupper.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A) I'll never eat there. B) I hope they go literally anywhere else besides THAT location.

That intersection is a fuster cluck under the best of days. Adding in another "popular attraction" is gonna make it worser. *sigh*

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A) I'll never eat there. B) I hope they go literally anywhere else besides THAT location.

That intersection is a fuster cluck under the best of days. Adding in another "popular attraction" is gonna make it worser. *sigh*

Agreed on the intersection. I believe they will be starting on the widening project next spring that's supposed to go from county line to southport. They're taking 30' of our frontage but I haven't seen the final plans If they'd eliminate the left turns out of the various attractions around there other than at traffic lights that would help a bunch.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Lived outside Chicago before herald they had them all. Hooters, Tilted Kilt and Twin Peaks. Been to Hooters once many years ago. Won't go to any of those places again. Food, IMO, sucks.....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lived outside Chicago before herald they had them all. Hooters, Tilted Kilt and Twin Peaks. Been to Hooters once many years ago. Won't go to any of those places again. Food, IMO, sucks.....
    The food at Twin Peaks is surprisingly good, and it just has a “classier” vibe than either of the others you mentioned. I quite like the place, and the entertainment is good as well.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Any restaurant going into that immediate area had better be pretty good. From any corner of that intersection you can see more than a dozen. There's an Ale Emporium and a pizza joint going in on the SW corner. Cheddars, Primanti Brothers, Freddies, Newks, BW3, Leon Mexican, Lindo Mexico, Popeyes, Golden Coffee Pancake House, Gaucho's Brazilian Steakhouse, El Meson, McAlister's, That Place (bar), Zaxby's, Culver's, Sonic, and Tokyo Buffet. It's hard to imagine how they can all survive.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I can see Leon, Golden Coffee, Gaucho's, Newks and Tokyo Buffet folding to the corporate heavy hitters in the area. I drive thru that intersection multiple times per day and have honestly never noticed or heard of Golden Coffee; Newks was horrid the one time I went in there and don't see how they've stayed open this long. Leon is being poorly managed and is in direct competition with El Meson and Lindo which are both well established in the area. I know a lot of people are drooling at the thought of Ale Emporium opening up and have several vendor lunch appointments schedule in anticipation of them opening.

Hooters vs Twin Peaks is interesting, I believe Hooters is slipping in popularity and will ultimately close all but their most profitable locations. We both love their buffalo chicken sammich but the atmosphere is a little dated and sparse, even after their recent "upgrades".

Top Bottom