• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Scotty is an acquired taste.

I used to avoid his repair videos due to his mannerisms. Over time I found him tough to avoid due to everything he covers. He has repair videos on lots of stuff.

There is a lot to learned from Scotty, if you can get by his faux pas.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Scotty is an acquired taste.

I used to avoid his repair videos due to his mannerisms. Over time I found him tough to avoid due to everything he covers. He has repair videos on lots of stuff.

There is a lot to learned from Scotty, if you can get by his faux pas.

I was just going to post something like that but you beat me to it. He's a smart mechanic and has simple ways of diagnosing a problem. He is loud though.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    On the topic, where are all the millions of cars sold 10 Yeats ago? 5 years ago? As original owners trade them in they are collected and shipped to overseas markets thereby giving manufacturers less competition with their old products.

MM

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I wouldn't buy a new vehicle today for any reason. The sheer loss of value the day you drive it home is ridiculous. I think my last new car was in 1996 or 1995...not sure which. We stick to cars under 40K miles and less than 3 years old. That's been a great process for us. We also don't finance for more than a year. Hate having a car payment.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Why is it so expensive to buy a used car in the United States?
    Three words,

Cash for Clunkers

Thanks Obama

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Why is it so expensive to buy a used car in the United States?
    Three words,

Cash for Clunkers

Thanks Obama
    Exactly! Right when people needed affordable used cars to make it through an economic downturn. How would you have liked to have had your hours at work cut below 30 hours(ObamaCare). You’re handy and decide to supplement your dwindling income so you want to start profiting from your skills. Go to buy an older, used pickup and there are none to be found as they were destroyed in the Green Dream of Cash for Clunkers. These morons in D.C. never see the consequences of there poor policies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Go to buy an older, used pickup and there are none to be found as they were destroyed in the Green Dream of Cash for Clunkers.

If you can't find an older pickup truck for sale, you aren't looking. I just plugged in 8 cylinder 4x4 under $2500 and found 34 pickups in Indianapolis Craigslist alone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you can't find an older pickup truck for sale, you aren't looking. I just plugged in 8 cylinder 4x4 under $2500 and found 34 pickups in Indianapolis Craigslist alone.

But have you seen them run yet? Looked at the undercarriages?

Kittyslayer is correct. Cash for clunkers screwed us all big time. We may not see any reasonably priced pickups and SUV's ever again (that aren't used up twice over anyway.)
    We need to remember this for upcoming elections...

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

And my guess is they're all A) rusted out, B) have at least 250k on the clock, or C) two wheel drive (not as important to some as it is to me) or some combination of the three. I remember a few years ago I was a teenager looking for a truck and was finding 4x4 88-98 Silverados for $1500-$2500 all day long in pretty good shape, now you find those same trucks with more rust and more mileage going for $4000 or more.:n00b:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Buy new and run it till it dies (Ford trucks). I've had good luck with this concept, and never paid for extended warranties. May bite me in the ass someday, but by then, I'll have saved enough to pay for any repair.

Top Bottom