Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgreene78 View Post
    Now my problem is my wife is afraid to ride bc of all the distracted drivers
    Mine also. She had the bug to get back into riding last year and was looking at all sorts of bikes to get, but we nearly got t-boned at an intersection in my truck by an older gentleman that ran a stop sign. After that, she lost interest in getting another motorcycle.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'd take a convertible with air, you will be getting on and off the old road many times, slow driving through a lot of small towns. I have only been on a short section in IL, from Wilmington, IL to just south of Pontiac, IL. Pontiac has the Route 66 museum (free admission), plus 3 other museums (free). I suggest visiting Pontiac and learn about Route 66.

User Info Menu

Route 66 guide books have arrived in the mail.

Conversations have begun.

Looking at Joliet (just south of Chicago, and the city claims to be the 'gateway of Rt 66) to Albuquerque, NM as the likely starting-ending points. This could get real interesting. We have family in Albuquerque. Likely ship the bikes home from there and return home by air. But we are thinking of riding to Arizona and seeing the Grand Canyon. Never been there, probably worth seeing that too.

User Info Menu

I saw this downtown last night.

I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Those stupid insurance comercials, with old Whitesnake songs, always make me wonder what folks actually listen to when riding?

In your head or on a headset or blasting through speakers for everyone to hear?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

We got a couple Sena Bluetooth headsets we use to make the boring riding around here more bearable. Weíre not really interested in talking to each other while riding so I didnít install the mics. They sound ok even with foam earplugs in and arenít that distracting compared to actual earbuds. We donít have any music on our phones so we just use Pandora. Not the best option in areas with poor cell coverage though....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by t-squared View Post
    We got a couple Sena Bluetooth headsets we use to make the boring riding around here more bearable. Weíre not really interested in talking to each other while riding so I didnít install the mics. They sound ok even with foam earplugs in and arenít that distracting compared to actual earbuds. We donít have any music on our phones so we just use Pandora. Not the best option in areas with poor cell coverage though....
    If you want better sounding music (actually just better sound for everything), upgrade to the CARDO Mesh/Bluetooth systems that use JBL speakers.

We have CARDO Packtalk Slim units installed in our helmets. Handsfree voice control works very very well and the sound is excellent, especially if you have a reasonably quiet helmet. We can talk back and forth, which my wife very much appreciates as she is not as experienced at riding. Range is about a mile between headsets and they seamlessly connect automatically when we power them on. Simultaneously connect to multiple devices so GPS and phones can both be connected, can also be connected to some Radar Detectors. The speakers are very good.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Good info on the Cardo systems. I run a Sena 20S and am happy enough with the end result, but there has been quirks. Some streamed or YouTube content has to be run at full volume on the headset and phone to be heard in my, less than quiet, helmet. Let alone running at 80mph, with the vents open.

I'm glad to see more competition in the helmet communicator market. IMHO, the pricing for these units are around twice what they should be, for what you get.

User Info Menu

I just play my music through the speakers in my Harley. It's certainly not high-end audio equipment, but it suits me just fine. I don't have any trouble hearing it at highway speeds.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Midnight View Post
    I just play my music through the speakers in my Harley. It's certainly not high-end audio equipment, but it suits me just fine. I don't have any trouble hearing it at highway speeds.
    I heard you coming down the road a mile away, just the other day...

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast