Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi211 View Post
    I took advantage of some 60 weather over the weekend. I don't know how much more of that we will be getting. What is your minimum riding temp? Mine is 50
    I don’t really have a minimum temp, but I won’t ride if there’s ice or snow on the road.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

User Info Menu

Any “darksiders” on here? I know this is INGO, but I’m really not looking for opinions of people with no experience... I’d like to hear from people who have ACTUALLY ran a car tire on the rear, and what they liked or disliked about it.

User Info Menu

My low temp is 35. Any lower and there is too much chance of frost or ice on tar strips or road paint. Both will throw you straight to the ground.
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Any “darksiders” on here? I know this is INGO, but I’m really not looking for opinions of people with no experience... I’d like to hear from people who have ACTUALLY ran a car tire on the rear, and what they liked or disliked about it.
    After reading articles by the MC tire and Car tire manufacturers, and looking closely at the difference in MC and car rims, I will not go Dark side. If you want to get info from those that are Dark siders go to GL1800Riders and search Dark side, it will keep you busy for a few days. Ride safe.
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

User Info Menu

I can't help you - not an option for me, since I don't know of any 10" care tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi211 View Post
    I took advantage of some 60 weather over the weekend. I don't know how much more of that we will be getting. What is your minimum riding temp? Mine is 50.
    About the same for me, 50 degrees.

I'm hoping to drop that by about 10 degrees if I can find a deal on some heated gear.

User Info Menu

I'm new to street bikes so the lowest I've ridden is 45° one morning coming home from work.

That was a little uncomfortable but I had my riding jeans on and the liner was out of my jacket. I could probably go into the 30s with my liner in the jscket, and swap my riding jeans with a set of regular flannel lined + my armored overpants, and a warmer set of gloves.

Expert

User Info Menu

I don’t really have a minimum temp, but I won’t ride if there’s ice or snow on the road.
    Same here. Gotta be dry roads at those temps.
    I thought about going to the dark side when I had my 03 Wing, but I like leaning over too much to go to a square tire.
    Eating beavers just to help save trees.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Indyhd View Post
    I thought about going to the dark side when I had my 03 Wing, but I like leaning over too much to go to a square tire.
    That was my thought too, but those I’ve talked to on the DS say it’s no big deal.

User Info Menu

Well, I wouldn't put a car tire on a MC because car tires are desiged to go in straight lines. MC tires are designed to be leaned on, so they're reinforced pretty much up "the sidewall".

It works, yes. But, if you blow out a rear in a turn, will your insurance adjuster say it was your fault and refuse any of your claim? Could they?

I'll stick with rubber designed for leaning over on

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast