Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I agree with all the HD branding merch. I have an Indian and I do hav an Indian Jacket, that is about it. Oh, and an Indian coffee mug.

At the gym there is another rider who has a nice HD chopper, always parks it out of the sun on the walkway by the windows. He has Harley shirts, belts, hats and tattoos. Rode there one day and he comes in so I ask him if he rode today. His response is no too much salt and dirt on the road. 20 minute ride and 3 hours cleaning. Never knew they were that delicate. Mine is usually a lttle dirty, if it is nice enough to wash it is nice enough to ride.

Don

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    I agree with all the HD branding merch. I have an Indian and I do hav an Indian Jacket, that is about it. Oh, and an Indian coffee mug.

At the gym there is another rider who has a nice HD chopper, always parks it out of the sun on the walkway by the windows. He has Harley shirts, belts, hats and tattoos. Rode there one day and he comes in so I ask him if he rode today. His response is no too much salt and dirt on the road. 20 minute ride and 3 hours cleaning. Never knew they were that delicate. Mine is usually a little dirty, if it is nice enough to wash it is nice enough to ride.

Don
    Parking a motorcycle on a sidewalk is one of the douchiest things you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Parking a motorcycle on a sidewalk is one of the douchiest things you can do.
    This along with telling strangers on an online forum how dumb they are compared to yourself.

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Scooter riders are the bestest.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Midnight View Post
    This along with telling strangers on an online forum how dumb they are compared to yourself.
    Not sure if that's directed at me... I certainly didn't direct my comment at anyone here.

It's not "dumb" to park on a sidewalk, but in most cases it says, "I'm more important than any pedestrian, and I'll park where I want" - which certainly seems douchie. If you've got a license plate, it certainly seems logical to park in a designated spot.

And if your statement is true, INGO might have to reevaluate how we talk about liberals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    It's hard to beat the power, comfort, and safety of my hand built CVO Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic. Lots of luggage space, heated seats and grips, dual crash bars. A long ride that doesn't hurt your back and kidneys, or make your arms freeze.

But it's not for everyone.
    Not so hard with a Honda Gold Wing. Plus you'd have money left over to buy a pretty nice sportbike.
    I can make a bomb with toilet paper and a stick of dynamite.........

User Info Menu

It's hard to beat the power, comfort, and safety of my hand built CVO Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic. Lots of luggage space, heated seats and grips, dual crash bars. A long ride that doesn't hurt your back and kidneys, or make your arms freeze.

But it's not for everyone.
    I was going to add to this earlier but was too busy.
    Most times I'm in a dealership, there's not anything in there that appeals to me. I liked the hard candy customs, the Screamin Eagle Softail Springer, the 110 Softail, the CVO Road King. The Dyna is too tall for my wife. Most of what's there doesn't speak to the custom bike image that's part of their culture. You go into a showroom and you're let down. You walk out with a tshirt. Their nice bikes are really nice, but it's only a small part of the market.
    I'm not a fan of the catalytic converter either, or the radiator to cool the choked engine back down. Thanks California.

I agree with Printcraft. They should bring back the Buell. Low center of gravity. Gas in the frame. And it was an entry bike to a Harley.

User Info Menu

I agree with Printcraft. They should bring back the Buell. Low center of gravity. Gas in the frame. And it was an entry bike to a Harley.
    HD bought Buell and destroyed it instead of building a modern dynasty from it. It was never an entry bike to HD, it was a true ADV-Touring bike before the category ever took off. ADV-Touring bikes are one of the only growth areas in the entire motorcycle industry and the category is dominated by BMW and KTM. Honda is making inroads in the category as well. But Buell could have owned it if HD didnít screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSR View Post
    Not so hard with a Honda Gold Wing. Plus you'd have money left over to buy a pretty nice sportbike.
    The newest generation Goldwings are drool worthy!
    Last edited by melensdad; 05-27-2020 at 11:24.

User Info Menu

My next bike might be an Africa Twin or a CB1000R, not sure yet, I have a while to think on what kind of bike I want next

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tv1217 View Post
    My next bike might be an Africa Twin or a CB1000R, not sure yet, I have a while to think on what kind of bike I want next
    Ohhhh.... I want one of those.

Currently have the NC750x, which is a street tamed ADV-Touring style bike. Basically a smaller AT looking bike with softer suspension that is obviously road oriented. The AT is an awesome machine but even taller in the saddle. I'm 6' and can barely flat foot the NC750x, I'm pretty sure the Africa Twin is almost an inch higher in the saddle. But damn it is a nice machine, road manners are supposed to be great. And with the DCT transmission and multi mode traction control its a beast off road, odd that the automatic gets such high praise in the reviews but the professional riders seem to prefer it to a manual.

Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast