Proposed new colloquial phrase for INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We have the concept of "Deny'ing a thread" by being able to boil down a thread to a simple understandable sentence or three and make everyone think "that is what I was trying to say but it took us 3 pages to come to it." Awesome concept, love it.

The proposed new concept is for when a member posts something that demonstrates knowledge of a subject, history related to the subject or valued peripheral information in a way that you are either already aware of it or are left feeling less than educated. Rather than explain what they mean they only vaguely mention a couple details leaving the reader feeling like they are left out of an inside joke.

So should we call this "kirking the thread" or "Freemaning the thread"? :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well actually, to Denny a thread is to speak a plain explanation to a subject that everyone else is discussing sarcastically.

Everyone: "Watch out for five year old girls!"
    Denny: "A five year old would be at a very odd angle for removing a gun from a mans holster..."

....and I totally know what your hinting at.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    *drums fingers on desk*

You know, I am out of that stabbing trial. Dude, I am right here. Right here.

[insert obscure gun culture reference or history lesson]

LOL, I was more shooting for having myself be the butt of the joke by constantly not getting your references. At the same time, I knew you would play along if it didn't come across that way. :):

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Well actually, to Denny a thread is to speak a plain explanation to a subject that everyone else is discussing sarcastically.

Everyone: "Watch out for five year old girls!"
    Denny: "A five year old would be at a very odd angle for removing a gun from a mans holster..."

....and I totally know what your hinting at.

We have a winner! You have successfully Denny'ed AND Freeman'ed this thread in 1 post. Impressive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We have the concept of "Deny'ing a thread" by being able to boil down a thread to a simple understandable sentence or three and make everyone think "that is what I was trying to say but it took us 3 pages to come to it." Awesome concept, love it.

The proposed new concept is for when a member posts something that demonstrates knowledge of a subject, history related to the subject or valued peripheral information in a way that you are either already aware of it or are left feeling less than educated. Rather than explain what they mean they only vaguely mention a couple details leaving the reader feeling like they are left out of an inside joke.

So should we call this "kirking the thread" or "Freemaning the thread"? :):

tenor.gif

Top Bottom