• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    We purchased a new home last fall and it has multiple fireplaces. It's an old farmhouse (1860s) and the fireplaces haven't been used in at least 30 years as the previous owners never used it.

I want to get the fireplaces and chimneys inspected so I can figure out what I would need to do to use them, or install a gas long set, or whatever my options might be. I've been told there are limited options here in the Haute and I should probably look to somewhere in Indy for this. So does anyone have any recommendations of someone I should talk to on this??

thanks!!
    Clay

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I've had T.J.'s Chimney Service, and I have been happy. They are a little east of Indy, though, so I'm not sure they serve Terre Haute.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Clay, if you want to install vent free gas logs, no need for inspection. Close and/or seal the flue and keep all the heat inside. I’ve got two in my home and have installed a couple for others. 99.9% efficient... better than any furnace. We have two furnaces that rarely ever kick on.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Thanks everyone for the info! Much appreciated!!

Clay, if you want to install vent free gas logs, no need for inspection. Close and/or seal the flue and keep all the heat inside. I’ve got two in my home and have installed a couple for others. 99.9% efficient... better than any furnace. We have two furnaces that rarely ever kick on.

This is probably the avenue I've been the most interested in. I'm pretty sure I could install vent free with no issue. Where did you get yours, and how do you feed them? Reason I ask about how you feed them is I don't have a gas main in front of my house so this I would have to get a tank of some kind.

thanks!
    Clay

Top Bottom