• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My son started his first grown up job after graduating college in December. The company he works for supplies them with a ridiculous amount of clothing with their company logo. One particular item I was really impressed with was a 3 in 1 parka with a waterproof outer shell, a lightweight fleece liner, and a down liner.

Anyways, he called me last month and asked if I wanted one. A guy quit, left his behind, and didn't want it. It had minor wear and a couple small stains on the forearms, so the boss was gonna pitch it. They do not donate any of their branded apparel to local charities or anything. Wouldn't look great having a homeless dude as a brand ambassador, I guess.;) I asked what size, he said 2XL. I was like, damn kid. How fat do you think I am? I'm 6 foot and 200 pounds. Hardly in 2XL territory. I told him I'd pass.

We stopped by to visit the kid last week while driving our daughter to California. When we put our coats in his closet, he said, hey here's that jacket I told you about. He couldn't stand to see it thrown out, so he threw it in the closet thinking he'd find somebody who could use it. I looked at it and it didn't look like a 2XL. Tried it on and it fit perfectly. Turns out his European company gets all their branded clothing from Germany. I guess a 2XL over there is different than over here. I said I'd gladly take it. He then went on to lecture me with the same speech HR gave him about acceptable behavior while wearing company branded apparel.:rolleyes:

Now, I don't plan to do anything nefarious while sporting this coat, but it would be nicer if it didn't have huge, white vinyl letters across the back. The outer shell is a Gortex kinda thing, pretty heavy duty. I thought about laying wax paper on the lettering and ironing over them. Maybe they'll stick to the wax paper when heated? The down jacket and fleece one, not sure they can take that kind heat without doing damage.

I know we have a couple members in the printing business, so any thoughts?:dunno:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Rather than remove can you cover it with a patch or another emblem?

Maybe repurpose like an old girlfriend’s name tattoo? For instance an International Global (I.G.)jacket could become...

InGo

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Rather than remove can you cover it with a patch or another emblem?

Maybe repurpose like an old girlfriend’s name tattoo? For instance an International Global (I.G.)jacket could become...

InGo

Not really. The logo is a 5 letter name that stretches across the whole back of all three jackets.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    If it was heat applied vinyl, you would still have an adhesive shadow after removing all the vinyl with a heat applied delamination process. Would that be more acceptable than the actual original application?

Heat applied vinyl is generally applied at around 350+ degrees, using wax paper will cause some of the wax to migrate to the fabric, perhaps parchment paper or an old bath towel.

Fabric patches are a whole nother matter....if anyone knows the secret to removing them, I'm all ears as no amount of heat that I've tried will convince them to relinquish their grip.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom