Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Operation 'Varsity Blues' - FBI uncover massive fraud in college entry exam scam

Some big names, including celebrities and CEOs... paid upwards of millions to get their kids into prestigious schools using a fraud process.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true
    Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

User Info Menu

This is my shocked face.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

"Huffman's daughter is said to have taken the test in December 2017 and received a 1420 on the test, a 400 point improvement from a previous test."

​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

I'm kinda shocked that straight up $500k can't buy your way into those colleges anyway. How bad were the students that they couldn't get in with that kind of advantage WITHOUT actually cheating!
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Actresses Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman among 40 charged in college exam cheating plot

The alleged scheme focused on getting students admitted to elite universities as recruited athletes, regardless of their athletic abilities, and helping potential students cheat on their college exams, according to the indictment unsealed in Boston.

The plot involved students who attended or were seeking to attend Georgetown University, Stanford University, UCLA, the University of San Diego, USC, University of Texas, Wake Forest, and Yale, according to federal prosecutors.

In all, 44 people, some of them college coaches, have been charged thus far.

Prosecutors said the scheme was masterminded by William Rick Singer, the founder of a for-profit college preparation business based in Newport Beach, California.

I'd probably put the kids of the people involved on suicide watch. To find out (if you didn't know already) that your parents bought your way into your school would be a major shame
    Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

User Info Menu

"University of Texas." This is my shocked face.

User Info Menu

There's no indication that the schools were involved in any of the wrong-doing.
    From 2011 to last month, parents paid Singer roughly $25 million to bribe coaches and university administrators to "designate their children as recruited athletes, or other favored admissions categories," according to the court papers.
    Um...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I'm kinda shocked that straight up $500k can't buy your way into those colleges anyway. How bad were the students that they couldn't get in with that kind of advantage WITHOUT actually cheating!
    That surprises me as well, I guess the costs of everything at colleges is going up, including payoffs and bribes.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

I wish they'd hurry up and release the names of the other people.

Probably giving the really big ones a chance to buy their way out of it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Actresses Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman among 40 charged in college exam cheating plot

I'd probably put the kids of the people involved on suicide watch. To find out (if you didn't know already) that your parents bought your way into your school would be a major shame
    According to what has been reported so far, the kids would have almost certainly known and were likely active participants in the schemes.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast