• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you ever bought your gun back on INGO? (Comment # owners and time between)

• Total voters

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Sometime around New Years day of 2015 I sold my Glock 21 Gen 4. It was a police trade in with night sights. It was in "like new" condition. Very sweet. I was happy with it, except I was pinching pennies at the time and didn't want to spend money on a holster, didn't want to spend money on ammo, didn't want to spend money on a weapon light, and most importantly did not love the serial number of the pistol, having the letters "TUD". I thought, this thing is a huge, black, heavy turd. I only shot it a few times, but it shot great. I really did like it a lot, but my damn brain took over and said, "Why invest in 45, when 9mm is just as good?" So, I caved, sold it, and regretted it.
    I went years not quite obsessing about it, but kept my eye out in gun stores for 21's to see if I would ever love one enough to buy one again. Well, recently as I've evolved on my 9mm stockpiling/SHTF philosophy, to more of a 45acp stockpiling, training, SHTF choice. I'll briefly say why I now think 45acp is my #1 round.
    1. I've seen how many shots and how long it can take to put down a large, aggressive mammal with 9mm. Way, way too long.
    2. In my experience it takes a 9mm hollow point to rise to the level of 45acp ball ammo.
      • In SHTF scenario I would MUCH rather have 1000 rounds of 45 vs 1000 rounds of 9mm. Not likely to stock up on 9mm hollow points, whereas I can stockpile 45's and I have more confidence they would be fairly effective, if that's all I had.
      • Dont currently reload, but have thousands of brass collected.

So, just a few days ago I scrolled INGO Classifieds and was looking for a used Glock 21 Gen 4. I figured I would not see anything because I am ALWAYS too late to purchase on INGO. I could spend 6 months offline, login search for a gun I want that has been listed for weeks, but someone will just have made an offer an hour previously. THAT is my luck. This is why it was so amazing when I met my fellow INGOer to buy his Glock 21 with some nice extras I always wanted.
    This is the point of all this...you guessed it. I read the serial number, looked at the box and realized this was MY OLD GUN I sold to this guy more than 4 years ago! What a coincidence!!!!

I am very happy to have my old Glock 21 back. It feels like a gift!

Has anyone else ever rebought, either purposefully, or by accident, you old firearm you sold on INGO????

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Pretty cool that you got your original pistol back.

As to the while .45 vs. 9mm. It doesn't matter any more. With the right ammo, 9, 40 and 45 are pretty much equal.

You can listen to the story here>>>> http://proarmspodcast.com/090-officer-tim-gramins-skokie-police-dept/

Or read it here>>>> https://www.policeone.com/police-he...ne-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

Premise of the story. Cop shoots bad guy 10+ times with a .45 before he goes down with a head shot. 4 of the chest wound were fatal, just not right now. The officer had 2 (I think) rounds left in his gun at the end of it all.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Nobody is going to really stock up on 9mm hollow points, whereas you can stockpile 45's and I have more confidence they would be fairly effective, if that's all you had.
    Not quite. Since I roll my own all I have is 124 JHP, made for less that the drastic sale price of steel case Russian 115 FMJ.

Great you got your old gun back, though.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Several years ago I saw an ad on Hoosier Topics from a guy wanting to trade for a slug gun. I had a Stevens Mod. 67E that I had used for many years deer hunting. Long story short I ended up trading my Stevens to this gentleman. Deer season comes around and I start missing my old Stevens that I am familiar with. A couple of years go by and then I see an ad on Hoosier topics for a Stevens 67E for sale or trade. I ended up meeting with the guy and traded for my old shotgun back. It was the same guy I had traded with 2 years before. I guess some things are just meant to be.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom