• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    OK INGO, need some advice. Looking to buy a interior / exterior paint sprayer for around the house. Doesn't need to be any high dollar unit but I want it to work decent and fairly easy to clean.
    Any recommendations?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    OK INGO, need some advice. Looking to buy a interior / exterior paint sprayer for around the house. Doesn't need to be any high dollar unit but I want it to work decent and fairly easy to clean.
    Any recommendations?
    Heck, unless you plan to use it alot, maybe consider renting one.. would be cheaper.. I've tried a few "less than industrial grade" and they have all sucked. Really may be worth paying $35 to rent a high end on for the day.. jmo:)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Thanks Tango
    My problem is the house is so big and I have so many grandkids seems I'm always painting. I'd just like to have one when I need it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Heck, unless you plan to use it alot, maybe consider renting one.. would be cheaper.. I've tried a few "less than industrial grade" and they have all sucked. Really may be worth paying $35 to rent a high end on for the day.. jmo:)

This is good advice really. How many times does a guy need an airless sprayer? I bought a nice one in 08, had a large project to do. Paid for itself one 1 job.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    13 grand kids from 14 - 3 and none of them can seem to keep their hands off the walls, I think I'll get my money's worth out of a decent one

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    That's why we don't have carpet!
    Lol, yeah we have a 11 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl and that was enough to make me do this
    6cbd3943d17663dd0d385d310f0510ed.jpg
    8717feb597b89b783fc47457c6cc28cf.jpg

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    My airless sprayer puts out way too much paint to use indoors. It works fine for exterior work though. I would recommend renting as well. You may not like it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I painted an interior of a home with an airless once. I can paint with brushes and rollers just as fast from start to final clean up. Guaranteed.

Of course this will not hold true if you don't care about how it looks when it's done and where the overspray ends up and whether your spraying equipment will work the next time you go to use it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I painted an interior of a home with an airless once. I can paint with brushes and rollers just as fast from start to final clean up. Guaranteed.

Of course this will not hold true if you don't care about how it looks when it's done and where the overspray ends up and whether your spraying equipment will work the next time you go to use it.

This. Airless indoor use is for an empty house with no floor coverings in place. What a mess these things make.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Thanks for all the suggestion
    I've been googling all the brands and the reviews are all over the place. So I'm probably going to keep on rollering

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I use a Husky HVLP paint sprayer all the time at work. It works great, and I have used it indoors and out. Only bad thing is that it’s oil based only. I’ve been tempted to buy one for home, that’s set up for latex.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Use QUALITY paint. I used to think paint was paint until I followed my dad's suggestion and tried Benjamin Moore. Sure, it costs twice what Lowe's sells, but it is more durable. Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams (not the knock off crap from Lowe's) and you won't need to repaint as often.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I bought a Used Graco airless for $150 last year. This machine looks Nearly New the guy said he only used it twice and I would believe him. These are fully rebuildable andthe parts are available at all the Home Improvement centers. Check Craigslist in other sites like that for a used one.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Use QUALITY paint. I used to think paint was paint until I followed my dad's suggestion and tried Benjamin Moore. Sure, it costs twice what Lowe's sells, but it is more durable. Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams (not the knock off crap from Lowe's) and you won't need to repaint as often.
    I've had good results from behr.. not sure where they rank:)

Top Bottom