• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I had a customer give me and one of my employees type B flu last year. The first seven days were brutal. It probably took a good month or two to get back to normal.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I got the flu shot.

I did too. I hope Jenny McCarthy doesn't come over and kick my ass. I really, really hope that Jenny McCarthy doesn't come to my house and teach me a lesson. That would be just horrible.

On the bright side, whatever hit me was less severe than what I've had in the past. Could be a wimpier strain or maybe it was close enough to one of the flu shot's strains antibodies to help a bit. Who knows. The really bad part was only a couple of days. The bouts I had with the high fever spikes and the chills/intense shivering were . . . bad, but there were fewer of them than in the past. Maybe my immune system just isn't strong enough to put me down as hard as it used to be!

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I got the flu BAD about 15 years ago, and started getting the flu shots at the VA.
    Knock wood, I've been sick a day or two, but haven't needed the hospital again since then.
    It doesn't cover 100% of the ways flu can mutate, but it does seem to reduce the severity & length of the flu when you do catch it, or that's the way it seems to me.

At $30-$35 dollars (at our pharmacy) I pay for the wife's shot, she says it's worth $35 NOT to miss a week of work.
    Same deal with her, she's not had the flu really bad since she started getting the shot.
    Again I do the know if it's the law of averages or the shot, but she used to get the flu bad every couple years.

As much as I like young nurses taking care for me, I'm WAY to sick to do anything about it with the flu...
    It's had to attempt seduction when you can't get off the toilet and can't stop throwing up... Just not very attractive...
    Not that they were interested anyway! ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I did too. I hope Jenny McCarthy doesn't come over and kick my ass. I really, really hope that Jenny McCarthy doesn't come to my house and teach me a lesson. That would be just horrible.
    !
    She was certainly a fine looking woman back in the day....

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

On the bright side, whatever hit me was less severe than what I've had in the past. Could be a wimpier strain or maybe it was close enough to one of the flu shot's strains antibodies to help a bit. Who knows. The really bad part was only a couple of days. The bouts I had with the high fever spikes and the chills/intense shivering were . . . bad, but there were fewer of them than in the past. Maybe my immune system just isn't strong enough to put me down as hard as it used to be!

Yeah it is my understanding that even if you get the flu anyway you will suffer less and get over it faster. The shot is not a guarantee by any means. Flu virus's are moving targets and constantly mutating.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A colloquial way to determine if you have the flu for real:

Someone just put $1000 cash on your front porch - do you go get it or not?

If you decide to go get it - you don't have the flu.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A colloquial way to determine if you have the flu for real:

Someone just put $1000 cash on your front porch - do you go get it or not?

If you decide to go get it - you don't have the flu.

I actually thanked God explicitly for helping me to live through last Thursday. When it was really bad, even if there was a winning powerball ticket next to me on the floor, I wouldn't have been able to get to it. If I had it in my hand, I would have lost it from the shaking.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There was a flu that went through just about 100 years ago that left a lot of headstones down in E. KY.

Top Bottom