• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    The wife and I went to Menards to get our new washer and dryer set (check the classifieds for our old set btw!). I was very specific that I wanted a gas dryer. She found the appropriate one and we ordered it. We scheduled delivery and she said that they couldn't install the dryer because it was gas. I said that was fine because I am comfortable hooking it up. Everything was settled so we paid and left.

The delivery guys came this morning and got the new set upstairs. As they were leaving I double checked everything and noticed that the dryer was electric and not gas. I was annoyed but after 15 years working retail I realized things happen. No big deal, we will just take the receipt back to Menards and they will make it right.

We get to Menards and I look at the receipt before heading inside. That's when I see "electric dryer". Well crap... Now I'm pretty much stuck with this thing.

So now to the main point of my post: I guess I need to get a cap for the gas line just to be on the safe side?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    +3. Take it back. Say you needed gas and thought that was what you were buying. They will exchange it. I wouldn't keep an electric dryer if you have a gas line.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I bet they will take it back if you so chose to do so. Menards and Lowes both say no returns on special orders, but I have seen them take entire window orders back because of misordered sizes that was customers fault.

Something else for those who care, Lowes in Avon has a bunch of scratch and dent fridges right now...you have to ask to go back and look. I seen $3000 fridges that I couldn't even find damage on marked for $900, and guy told me it was negotiable. Full factory warranty. Sorry for hijack.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's menards! They've always treated us well on returns. .

I bet they will take it back if you so chose to do so. Menards and Lowes both say no returns on special orders, but I have seen them take entire window orders back because of misordered sizes that was customers fault.

Something else for those who care, Lowes in Avon has a bunch of scratch and dent fridges right now...you have to ask to go back and look. I seen $3000 fridges that I couldn't even find damage on marked for $900, and guy told me it was negotiable. Full factory warranty. Sorry for hijack.

The only way this works is to show up at the returns desk with an attitude. Call them or be meek in person and they will likely tell you to pound sand. Called them on a literal 5 minutes on the clock lawnmower seized engine issue and was told "you put gas in it, forget it. Its now a warranty issue and no returns. Buh bye." I probably would have had more leverage standing in front of them, angry. (its harder to say no to someone in front of you vs a voice on the other end of the phone) Lowes on the other hand happily swaps them, fixes it, and resells it for a song to somebody else.

Menards is not in the same league as Lowes as far as customer service. I show up at Lowes sans receipt and they look it up in the system when I swipe my card at the service desk. (just like every other civilized retailer) Menards makes me go to a kiosk and spend 5 minutes reprinting my receipt myself with my card just so I can then walk 5 steps and get back in line to do the return. (Go F*** yourself Menards!) :xmad: Oh, and when Lowes gives me a discount, its cash. (Lowes card 5% at POS) Not some stupid 11% rebate that may or may not show up. (lots of consumer complaints about rebates not sent to customers)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    The only way this works is to show up at the returns desk with an attitude. Call them or be meek in person and they will likely tell you to pound sand. Called them on a literal 5 minutes on the clock lawnmower seized engine issue and was told "you put gas in it, forget it. Its now a warranty issue and no returns. Buh bye." I probably would have had more leverage standing in front of them, angry. (its harder to say no to someone in front of you vs a voice on the other end of the phone) Lowes on the other hand happily swaps them, fixes it, and resells it for a song to somebody else.

Menards is not in the same league as Lowes as far as customer service. I show up at Lowes sans receipt and they look it up in the system when I swipe my card at the service desk. (just like every other civilized retailer) Menards makes me go to a kiosk and spend 5 minutes reprinting my receipt myself with my card just so I can then walk 5 steps and get back in line to do the return. (Go F*** yourself Menards!) :xmad: Oh, and when Lowes gives me a discount, its cash. (Lowes card 5% at POS) Not some stupid 11% rebate that may or may not show up. (lots of consumer complaints about rebates not sent to customers)

And. . . . . Lowe’s gives a 10% discount to military veterans plus special designated upfront parking places.

And . . . . .personal anecdote. We bought a new washer from Lowe’s. Hooked it up ourselves the same day as purchased. Didn’t work properly. Took it back next day (not even reboxed) and received a full refund.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Wow! Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with them. They've always been johnny on the spot for us; when we did our room addition we had almost $2500 worth of lumber that we returned due to a wonky materials list we'd received. Some of it "may" have been allowed to get wet and start warping (cough, cough) but they didn't bat an eye. On another occasion I had purchased a special shipment generator and about 6 weeks later the cut they price on them 50%. Needless to say I was a little miffed but when I went to the service desk the manager told the girl to refund the difference in prices back to me. I can't complain about them. Yin Yang and all that.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    OP, sorry for your difficulty, but I do take a little comfort in stories like yours because it lets me know that I'm not the only idiot out there. :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom