• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So got the survey a few times and got on line, only answered the first few questions, how many live here and such....skipped the other 50 some other questions, like how much $ you make, what college degree do you hold....and my all time favorite...."what time do you go to work....." apparently so they can bug my house while I'm gone or rip me off....LOL. So know getting voice mail to call them back.....my lack of answering doesn't seem to go over very well. I'm in the 2% of Americans that got the more drawn out ACS version with what I'm reading could face fines up to $5000.00 for not telling them what time I go to work.....how did we get into this mess with the Courts upholding this ruling? Anyone else going to jail other than me or being fined. Would like to hear from a lawyer if possiable. Thanks.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You probably will not get a fine, but soon, people will start showing up to your door.

Not kidding.

Thanks....I'm sure they will. Several years ago the Census showed up at my sons place and he would only tell the guy only 2 lived there and wasn't telling him anymore. Had a friend that kept having Jehovah Witnesses showing up....got tired of them and the next ones showed up he answered the door naked and said hello.....they never came back....if only I had the nerve.

Wonder if I can ask them to leave and if they don't call the Sheriff for trespassing?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I got on the list for the long form US census survey. That won't come out until next year. On both of the ones I've filled out, I just put the number of people living here, leave the rest blank, and mail it in. They were threatening fines for not filling it out, but I didn't get one and I never heard of anyone else getting one. One year they sent some drone to harass me, not once but twice. He told me he needed to ask the questions, I told him I'd mailed it in, but he claimed they hadn't received it. I just told him to take that up with the post office, it wasn't my problem, and I shut the door on him. He sat out there for 15-20 minutes, gave up and left. I didn't waste time not answering his questions.

The ACS is actually a US census office, to inflict long form questions on people that get the short form. Fill in more demographics, keep current between the official ones, and such. I doubt their threats have any more teeth than they ever have. You're required by feral law to fill it in, but you won't get in trouble if you don't.

Top Bottom