Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ..."Details, Details, Details."

I posted this last night after experiencing it during a business trip:

Door dash fail. Driver just spent 30 mins sitting at the bar next to me at Hooters waiting for an order.

As the bartender struggled to make sense of why the order didn’t come thru the system yet, I piped up “are you sure they sent it to the right store?” (meaning did he go to the right Hooters)

His response? “ I can’t imagine they wouldnt. It’s not like there are very many BW3s in town.” :facepalm:

It took him about a minute for the gravity of the situation to take root and get up and leave to go 2 miles down the road to Bdubs.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ..."Details, Details, Details."

I posted this last night after experiencing it during a business trip:

Door dash fail. Driver just spent 30 mins sitting at the bar next to me at Hooters waiting for an order.

As the bartender struggled to make sense of why the order didn’t come thru the system yet, I piped up “are you sure they sent it to the right store?” (meaning did he go to the right Hooters)

His response? “ I can’t imagine they wouldnt. It’s not like there are very many BW3s in town.” :facepalm:

It took him about a minute for the gravity of the situation to take root and get up and leave to go 2 miles down the road to Bdubs.

Shouldn't this be in the "First World Problems" thread?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Maybe if I were posting this as the customer wondering where the F**** my food was? :):

Maybe the guy waiting on his (now cold) food, did post it somewhere. And it IS a first-world problem. The third-party who goes and gets my food for me from the eatery of my choice went to the wrong restaurant. Yeah, first-world problem.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe the guy waiting on his (now cold) food, did post it somewhere. And it IS a first-world problem. The third-party who goes and gets my food for me from the eatery of my choice went to the wrong restaurant. Yeah, first-world problem.

Agreed. Still funny AF.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I stopped a door-dash driver a few weeks ago for going 70 in a 35. She was drunk as all hell and had two orders in the car. She went to jail and the food went to the tow lot with the car. Bet that was nice and ripe when she got the car back :puke: Also, I wonder how that played out with the customers who didn't get their orders :dunno:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I pity the person that needs a mickey d's fix so bad that they call Door Dash. I mean, they have great fries but the half life on them is only about 5 minutes. They are just as bad cold as they are good when hot!:puke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I pity the person that needs a mickey d's fix so bad that they call Door Dash. I mean, they have great fries but the half life on them is only about 5 minutes. They are just as bad cold as they are good when hot!:puke:

I had the same thoughts as to Taco Bell. That crap is bad enough fresh.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I mean... how much does this world really need someone who can't go out and get their own food?

I have co-workers who will order Uber Eats almost every day. A $5 sub from subway ends up costing them $14. Dude, hop in your car and go 5 minutes down the road and save some coin. I don't understand some people.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Either my wife or I make my lunch every day. Maybe once a week I go out....at which point I go out.

I'm all for choices and entrepreneurship and all, but geez....using such services regularly? C'mon.

Oh, and I'm actually glad to hear that the actual order was to BW3. Ordering Door-Dash...or pickup from Hooters....that just doesn't make sense.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Either my wife or I make my lunch every day. Maybe once a week I go out....at which point I go out.

I'm all for choices and entrepreneurship and all, but geez....using such services regularly? C'mon.

Oh, and I'm actually glad to hear that the actual order was to BW3. Ordering Door-Dash...or pickup from Hooters....that just doesn't make sense.

You've obviously never been to this particular restaurant. If I were single, I wouldnt have hit on ANY of the ladies working that night. Just sayin. :):

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

I think Mr. Hough has touched on the only reason to go to Hooters, and it is not the food.

Maybe I've reached the age where I really don't care what my server looks like, I just want my chicken sandwich delivered timely and well-prepared. I am no longer willing to put up with marginal service in exchange for a scantily clad waitress.

I suspect this "outstanding service" is one of the reasons for the Tilted Kilt closing in downtown Indy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You've obviously never been to this particular restaurant. If I were single, I wouldnt have hit on ANY of the ladies working that night. Just sayin. :):

...which eliminates the only reason for going to Hooters.

I think Mr. Hough has touched on the only reason to go to Hooters, and it is not the food.
    Maybe I've reached the age where I really don't care what my server looks like, I just want my chicken sandwich delivered timely and well-prepared. I am no longer willing to put up with marginal service in exchange for a scantily clad waitress.

I suspect this "outstanding service" is one of the reasons for the Tilted Kilt closing in downtown Indy.

RfAj.gif

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some folks time is worth more than others. I have my a lawn service, I make more than $15 an hour, I do my work, make my money, and pay to have the lawn done. You guys are only looking at DD through the prism you live in and you may not need such a service but it is efficient, particularly for entrepreneurs. I use DD regularly, although not for McD's, we get healthy options delivered right to our office, no stopping work to put on the coat, wait for the elevator, get to the car, go to restaurants, make order, wait, find parking spot again, elevator, you get the idea. Just a few clicks, work away and the food magically appears about 30 or so minutes later. Had no issues with the service...

Top Bottom