• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Watching the news this morning and another road rage incident ends in murder of a child.

WTF is wrong with people?
    I've had my own encounters with road ragers, but it's not come to shooting.

What exactly can be going through some moron's mind when a horn honk or getting cut off sends them into a blind rage?
    So someone does something stupid, and they think commiting a string of traffic violations, up to and including felonies is the 'Correct' way to handle the situation?

In this case, it should be outright, premeditated child murder...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...hot-her-phoenix-driveway-has-died/3371123002/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a deep seeded current of anger running through society right now. It is not very hard to figure out where it is coming from.

And some people are just ****ing wacked out crazy.

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus
    Granted, this is extremely limited information, but I don't see anything other than the headline that would lead me to think road rage.

Waiting till they get home and out of the car seems more [STRIKE]premeditated[/STRIKE] calculated.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I wish someone would explain it to me because how someone can appoint themselves judge, jury & executioner is beyond me.

Murder a child, go to prison FOREVER...
    Shoot at an occupied vehicle spend at least 25 years in prison to think about things for attempted murder.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am generally against the death penalty. Only because I don't trust prosecutors. They seem to like to contort the evidence to arrive at their pre-determined destination and that leads to innocent people on death row. There have been many instances of this and I simply can't support the thought of executing an innocent person. But, ya know, lawyers...:rolleyes:.

But, in this case, I would have no objection.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Granted, this is extremely limited information, but I don't see anything other than the headline that would lead me to think road rage.

Waiting till they get home and out of the car seems more [STRIKE]premeditated[/STRIKE] calculated.

Having been followed home more than once by a road rager I can see this. Me a while back and more recently the spouse and daughter. My deal was some nut driving crazy and wanting to cut me off for the 3rd time in a mile or so and I had had enough so I just kept the hole closed. Pi$$ed him off enough he followed me for a few miles until I pulled in the driveway. It was an interesting encounter.

The spouse was coming home from the store and my daughter was driving. They called to say they were close so I could help unload the grocery's. I was watching the surveillance cameras and when they pulled in there was a car behind them. I made the driveway pretty fast and deterred some nut job ranting he was cut off.
    Seems the woman had no idea what he was on about. He was sent packing. With a quickness.

Point here is people have in general lost their freaking minds.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    A few years back I honked at a guy that cut me off, no big deal just a beep to let him know I didn't appreciate it. He proceeded to brake check a couple of times, whatever no big deal. I head to a store to do some shopping and when I came out I see what appears to be the same truck sitting a few aisles over. So I keep an eye on it as I leave the parking lot and sure enough he starts to follow. I took a long way heading back home where he followed every step of the way. Sometimes he was a couple of cars back or would take a parallel street trying not to be noticed. So I just started to drive around randomly for a half hour and he kept following. I finally had enough and drove to the police station(didn't have a cell phone). When I pulled into the station he finally drove off. It takes a special kind of dumb to be mad enough over a little beep to waste more than an hour of you time waiting and following someone. I have no doubt there would would've been some kind a confrontation or retaliation if I went home.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

It's like the media can just make crap up without any facts.

"Police have not yet determined if the shooting was the result of a road-rage incident or something else."

My deal was some nut driving crazy and wanting to cut me off for the 3rd time in a mile or so and I had had enough so I just kept the hole closed. Pi$$ed him off...

Remember, passive aggressive driving is still aggressive driving. Reads like your intent was to pi.. him off and you succeeded. I would probably have done the same thing. If you would like I can rent my wife out, she does a great job of telling me when I am being a butthead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's like the media can just make crap up without any facts.

"Police have not yet determined if the shooting was the result of a road-rage incident or something else."

Remember, passive aggressive driving is still aggressive driving. Reads like your intent was to pi.. him off and you succeeded. I would probably have done the same thing. If you would like I can rent my wife out, she does a great job of telling me when I am being a butthead.

Yeah I totally get that. And I already have a spouse co-pilot. That is what was crazy about them "Cutting" somebody off. Just not going to happen.

Yeah after 2 times that butt wipe nearly hitting me there was not going to be a 3rd time. I knew he was behind me and seriously did not even care. When I got out and walked straight for his car he flipped me off and bolted like a little B**** as is most often what happens. Sometimes it is near impossible to ignore these self centered nut jobs. Years and years of rolling a service truck and I see we have digressed into idiocy in general when it comes to driving.

We pretty much try and stay to ourselves out there anymore. The rage factor is real.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Having been followed home more than once by a road rager I can see this. Me a while back and more recently the spouse and daughter. My deal was some nut driving crazy and wanting to cut me off for the 3rd time in a mile or so and I had had enough so I just kept the hole closed. Pi$$ed him off enough he followed me for a few miles until I pulled in the driveway. It was an interesting encounter.

After riding two wheels long enough, I realized that it's best to push the ego aside and do the safest thing for me. I constantly have to remind myself that "winning" is getting home safely. Sometimes it's best to just let the crazy driver get their win on the road and let the drive off away from you.

EDIT:
    We had a situation in my neighborhood where a cop was the one being followed after a situation.
    https://www.wane.com/news/investiga...-road-rage-fight-with-deputy-chief/1035692918

His prize for winning on the road (and the driveway altercation) was a demotion.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After riding two wheels long enough, I realized that it's best to push the ego aside and do the safest thing for me. I constantly have to remind myself that "winning" is getting home safely. Sometimes it's best to just let the crazy driver get their win on the road and let the drive off away from you.

Yup and exactly why we no longer ride. Especially in the city.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Had a cop one day say the best thing to do is let the aggressive drivers get ahead of you and on their way. I have followed this advice and things have gotten less stressful for me when I'm driving.

I still give people a quick toot of the horn when the light turns green and they don't react. I really don't see any harm in that and if I wasn't paying attention, I'm okay with the prodding. But I still get people who will flip me off as they finally step on the gas.:dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...........I still give people a quick toot of the horn when the light turns green and they don't react. I really don't see any harm in that and if I wasn't paying attention, I'm okay with the prodding. But I still get people who will flip me off as they finally step on the gas.:dunno:

I've waited behind someone until the light ALMOST turned red before giving them a blast.
    Honked to get them to pull their head out of their ass and they STILL flipped me off.
    They are in their own little bubble and don't give 2 ****s about the people around them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've waited behind someone until the light ALMOST turned red before giving them a blast.
    Honked to get them to pull their head out of their ass and they STILL flipped me off.
    They are in their own little bubble and don't give 2 ****s about the people around them.

Exactly. If you are 1st or 2nd in line stay out of your G. D. phone. There are people behind you with places to be and things to do. It seems as though I am the one caught through a 2nd light cycle when 4 more should have made it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

EDIT:
    We had a situation in my neighborhood where a cop was the one being followed after a situation.
    https://www.wane.com/news/investiga...-road-rage-fight-with-deputy-chief/1035692918

His prize for winning on the road (and the driveway altercation) was a demotion.

Well that is not apples to apples on my deal. I just did not let the fool back in front of me again. For the 3rd time in a mile or so. No cut offs on my part.
    LEO was way off on the linked incident. Not sure what your comparison is.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well that is not apples to apples on my deal. I just did not let the fool back in front of me again. For the 3rd time in a mile or so. No cut offs on my part.
    LEO was way off on the linked incident. Not sure what your comparison is.

Not really a direct comparison at all, just merely a general cautionary tale.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not really a direct comparison at all, just merely a general cautionary tale.

Point made.

I realize not everyone goes through life as I do. I go way off course helping when I can. Assisting when needed. I try not to impede others. When some jack leg idiot causes issues it is sometimes very hard to over look.

Back to the topic of the thread I have looked and found not much more than is in the OP. This is all about a child loosing its life for what...?????

Apology's on the thread jack.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    If someone is following you, DO NOT GO HOME. Call 911, go to a public place, a police station if possible. Whatever you do, do not go home.

I thought someone was following me, they were a little close for too long, so I held my gun in my lap and took a couple random turns. The car was not following me, but I sure as hell wasn't going to lead him to my house, on the chance he might be.

Pay attention, it's better to be overly cautious than end up in a situation like this. There are too many people out there that are on the edge of becoming unhinged, and will not hesitate to murder you for the pettiest of reasons.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    My wife slowed to 45 in a 45 construction zone, in her little commuter car, was tailgated home by one of the stupid big, black smoke blowing puck-up trucks...
    She called me and I was waiting when she got home with our 6 year old nephew strapped in the back seat.
    The idiot nearly ran me down at the gate while I put distance between him & her, I was armed.

His hysterical ranting was about him being late, and her holding him up even more, but consider at that time, he followed her 8 miles off the beaten path on the highway back to where we live.
    I got pictures of him & his plates, mostly since the deputy's house he had to drive back past wasn't at home and sent him packing.
    He threatened to come back...

When the police checked into it, he was headed to work (late) and couldn't explain why he chased her.
    Blind rage...
    They issued a no trespassing order and let it go at that, I haven't seen him since.

When I get a road rager, I usually pull off and let them pass, just go on down the road.
    I don't need them knowing where I live, and I don't need them wrecking my vehicle.
    But don't kid yourself, when I pull over I have a choice of bear spray or firearm handy...

I've had to use the bear spray once while on my bike with my wife on the back, again a stupid big pick-up that thought 55 was too slow in a 55 zone and just had to cut me off in traffic to tell me he wasn't afraid of 'Bikers' while holding a Billy club,
    Both of us had our handguns, but I chose bear spray...

These people are why I have video cameras in the vehicles, if there is a back window, front & rear, on the bike it's just front facing, but I'm looking into a front & rear system for it.
    The video camera was what kept me out of jail when I bear sprayed the guy, showed him passing us on the shoulder and cutting sideways in front of us, jumping out with a Billy club and rushing towards us. I wish it would have shown him inches from the back of the bike and him trying to pass us on a double yellow line, crowd us off the road with no shoulder earlier...

---------

I don't know what you all are thinking, but I was taught you SHARE the road, and you NEVER create a dangerous situation.

If some idiot cuts me off, for whatever reason, I simply back off him and allow MYSELF proper following distance.
    If they are dumb enough to cut people off, break checks, turns without turn signals, turning from the wrong lane are all possible, and although I have major medical, I don't want to use it for something that takes two extra seconds of following distance...
    Ruins my day when I wind up in the hospital or have to call someone for a ride because my vehicle isn't mobile anymore.

--------

The idea of shooting blind at someone never crosses my mind, which is why I'm so shocked/outraged when it happens.
    I don't have a tolerance for this sort of self important stupidity, exactly ZERO tolerance given.
    This isn't an insurgent bomber in a war zone, it's a family on public streets and in their driveway...

And for the 'Oh, Well, there's no 'Proof'... You mean other than eyewitness statements, video coverage, etc? Really?
    A 10 year old girl is dead, and this isn't the first time this crap has happened, it happens way too often.
    There is no excuse for firing into an occupied vehicle parked in their own driveway. Period.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The few times I have been followed (or thought maybe I was being followed), I just kept driving towards more populated areas and/or PD like you say.

When I was 17 I got in a high speed chase (guy was chasing me). I went barreling into the local police station. The guy followed me in, got out of the car. I thought it was over for me. Fortunately, he became very reasonable and we sorted out the issue.

Funny thing is, even with the "screaming tires and bustin glass", no one came out of the building.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom