• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    One time I was at the range when two deer strolled down the hill and stood in front of the targets. It was like some kind of cosmic joke.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    What were they? I honestly couldn't tell. Just looked like black bird silhouettes to me. Eagles?

Yeah, buzzards would have a more pronounced V to the wing profile. The more square and flat wing profile says Eagle...though from the pic it would be hard to identify which.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, buzzards would have a more pronounced V to the wing profile. The more square and flat wing profile says Eagle...though from the pic it would be hard to identify which.

Ah, okay. I see them a lot down at Monroe, and it's easy to tell the difference when they're in flight (moving) from a distance. The buzzards tend to glide a lot more than the eagles. Very cool to see for sure!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    So, did you flick the switch to full auto, lean the muzzle up towards them and squeeze the trigger while yelling "WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    So, did you flick the switch to full auto, lean the muzzle up towards them and squeeze the trigger while yelling "WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

I did not!

LOL .Those are bald eagles. They have a nest.about a quarter of a mile west.of the house, on the White.river. The Farmland CC range.is about another mile west, and just a.smidge north. They never get old. It gives me a thrill every time I see them.
    Sorry for the crappy pix. It.was the best.i could do.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    b1ZeLCH.jpg

So there I was, minding my own dxmn business, like I always do, taking my second amendment out for a spin at the Farmland CC, when these two jokers show up and buzz the range.
    Best range day ever!

Let me see if I can zoom in a bit...

Well that's better.
    z042LJB.jpg

Top Bottom