• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I about choked when the BMV asked for >$130 for the title/registration on a >20yr old Ranger I picked up for house work...

A couple days ago the plate arrived... a Truck 11,000 plate... for a 4,000 lb truck (5000 lb loaded).

I have to get my license renewed soon, can/should I request a partial refund or re-issue?

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I just did a quote on their website. Looks like they only have 11,000# truck plates anymore. The total of the quote I did for a 1997 ranger was $115. $15 title fee, $45 registration fee, and $55 in taxes. sounds about right. Crazy!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I think the license and registration fees for Indiana bottom out after about 6 years. Then they stay pretty much the same for the life of the vehicle.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Looks like they only have 11,000# truck plates anymore.!

Well, I can kinda see the reason behind that... new "compact" trucks like the Ranger was are all but extinct other than the new Ridgeline, but even that and the new Ranger are called a midsize.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Many years ago my sister went to the BMV to get plates for her new car.
    She had talked to our mom and already knows what it's going to cost. They charged her more than our mom said it would be. She left and called mom, told her what it cost, mom told her they over charged her, so she goes back in. She told them they over charged her and told them our mom said it should only he this much. They responded with "who does your mom think she is?" My sisters response "The assistant manager of the Fortville License Branch", they refunded the
    money they over charged her.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    $57.35 for my plate for an '89. I can't recall if it's 7k or 11k. Truck isn't here to check. $130 is pretty steep.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Make sure to pay your registration tax on the truck...even though you paid taxes on it when you bought it...with your taxed income...that is then driven on taxes roads...and propelled with taxed gasoline...and make sure you pay the parking meter on those taxed roads...oy...

Top Bottom