• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    regardless of the country, governments dont seem to believe in freedom. I think i remember something similar going on several years ago when a group of people moved onto an abandoned oil rig, and the gov got their panties in a twist about it. Regardless as to what borders you live in or near, you are required to have a master of some sort.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    regardless of the country, governments dont seem to believe in freedom. I think i remember something similar going on several years ago when a group of people moved onto an abandoned oil rig, and the gov got their panties in a twist about it. Regardless as to what borders you live in or near, you are required to have a master of some sort.

Pretty much.
    Someone, somewhere always owns you

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Precisely. This is yet another liberal dream which is never going to end the way they so desperately want it to. Build whatever you like out in the ocean but if you believe for one second that you will be able to defend it from others who decided they want it you should have your head examined. So what to do? Oh I know, get a bunch of other people to do the same so you can help each other defend things together. Oops, now we have the beginnings of a government, stand by for taxation, regulation and corruption. In other words, back to square one.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Precisely. This is yet another liberal dream which is never going to end the way they so desperately want it to. Build whatever you like out in the ocean but if you believe for one second that you will be able to defend it from others who decided they want it you should have your head examined. So what to do? Oh I know, get a bunch of other people to do the same so you can help each other defend things together. Oops, now we have the beginnings of a government, stand by for taxation, regulation and corruption. In other words, back to square one.
    Ding ding ding, winner winner chicken dinner!

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield

Or have enough money to control a mercenary army/navy

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Or have enough money to control a mercenary army/navy

I'm not sure that would last. If you were essentially your own sovereign entity and had that kind of money, why wouldn't your employees just kill you and steal everything? There is no one to hold them accountable, no deterrent unless you believe human nature is to be good to others and the threat of a guilty conscience would save you.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I'm not sure that would last. If you were essentially your own sovereign entity and had that kind of money, why wouldn't your employees just kill you and steal everything? There is no one to hold them accountable, no deterrent unless you believe human nature is to be good to others and the threat of a guilty conscience would save you.

If your wealth isn't comprised of physical assets what is there to steal?

If I believed that in human nature then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I get it, I believe myself to be wealthy beyond measure in many aspects but money is not one of them. You mentioned having money to pay for protection.

I'll readily admit to being quite cynical when it comes to human nature. That's a very long and uncomfortable conversation for another time, don't want to derail the thread with it here.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Yeah, I think that's it too. That's why humans spread out to every habitable place on earth, including some places just barely habitable. It wasn't always to get TO something, most times it was to get AWAY from something.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The one thing that people have never figured out how to do when they colonize a new place is how not to eventually become the thing that they were getting away from in the first place.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Chad Elwartowski and his partner Nadia Supranee Thepdet have fled their home, built atop a platform around 12 miles off the coast of Phuket, and gone into hiding after authorities revoked the American's visa. The couple could face life imprisonment or the death penalty under the country's Immigration Act

Wait, wait, wait... America has the worlds toughest immigration policies. This can't be right.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Jonestown?

Top Bottom