• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    .....and you can travel back to any event in history. You will be just a spectator with no ability to effect what happened. Nobody will know you're there. You will also be immune from anything physically hurting you. (The psychological side is a different story). You can spend as much time there as needed as your body won't need anything (for the sake of the game).

Where would you go? What would you witness? And why?

More than one answer is fine as I have several I'd like to see.

And go!!

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I wanna go back to when bigtanker was littletanker

I'd have to say back when the west was wild
    Or multiple times / places during WWII
    Mostly I think though would be different times from the 40's to the 60's to meet my dad while he was a young man. He died when I was 8.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The K/T extinction event.
    The first successful man made fire attempt, complete with 'Also sprach Zarathustra' as background music. (The ape and bone, 2001)
    Battle of Thermopylae
    Any Shakespeare production occurring at The Rose
    Battle of Lexington, April 19, 1775. I want to know who fires the first shot.
    The final debate and approval of the Declaration of Independence, Independence Hall; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. July 2, 1776
    The Titanic

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    In this game of staying as long as we want, and potential mental scarring I would assume that the knowledge gained would also 'stick'. I would go back to the library of Alexandria and stay as long as it took to catalog all the information before it was razed. Then I'd bring back that knowledge and rebuild it.

I'd like to watch a week's worth of lectures at Cornell by Carl Sagan

Listen to Edgar Allen Poe recite some of his work.

Go back and watch my motorcycle accident so I can clear up some gaps in my memory about it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I would like to go back to the 3 days if Christ's death, burial and resurrection.

I'd like to go back to about 1951 and see my grandpa play with my dad and my grandma. He was killed when my dad was little. My dad doesn't remember much about him and my grandma always talked about what a great guy he was.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ok if you go back to the last days of Christ and your just hanging out you can’t converse with anyone our language isn’t invented yet. If one was just standing around I would think the Jews or the Romans would “make” you quickly and you would join the man on the cross?
    I could just see it now “he is speaking the devils lingo” and up you go!

Good thing they cant see you in our game!

I am going back with the winning lottery numbers and horse race winners sports teams you name it gonna be rich yeah!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd like to go back and watch my dad play football for Rose Poly (Rose Hulman today) back in 1940-ish when he was the highest scorer in the state. He was 155 lbs and a FULLBACK. They called him "155 lbs. of human dynamite". I would also like to be with him when he was in the Sea Bees in the Marshall Islands in WWII (Eniwetok Atoll). I'd like to have seen him build the house we're living in now himself, to include hauling and cutting the limestone from Oolitic.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You need to watch Time Cop.

But the OP said you cannot influence or be harmed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I'd like to go back and observe my own life from the time I was conscious of self until the last few years. I have a lot of memory fragments that are like puzzle pieces and I want to have the full picture. If I could record things with video, audio and commentary the way people can now, it would be even better.

Top Bottom