Body of Crystal Lake 5 year old AJ Freund Found. Parents to be charged.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    This is truly so sad. I had a feeling that his mother, at least, was hiding something all along. Now we know the father was involved too. I just this morning first heard the father's 911 call, and he was WAY too calm when reporting his son missing.

At least we can have comfort, knowing that precious little soul is at peace, in the arms of Jesus, for eternity.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Saw the father's interview on the news last night, he was irritated because the police were looking at him as a suspect. Maybe he'll end up in general population and save those taxpayers a lot of cash.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So, so sad. My heart hurts after watching/reading about this.
    I will never understand how a parent, or anyone for that matter, but especially a parent could do this to their own child
    And no death penalty in Illinois! If there ever was a reason to reinstate it, this would be it.

Prayers to any family that cared and especially for the responders!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dont judge people on calmness. That doesn't mean someone is guilty or anything. I'm one of those few weird people that is calmer and thinks clearer under stress and pressure. Especially a 911 call you want every detail to be recorded and taken down and passed on. When you have to repeat yourself giving instructions in person or a 911 report, valuable seconds and minutes are lost.
    I always told my kids if they fell and got hurt (and amazingly it works and they are trained) stop crying, breathe and talk normally so I can understand you and start addressing the problem. Cant understand crap or help crap when someone is hysterical and hyporventalating and now I have to treat that before i can even figure out why.

I also understand cops have their hoops to go through. I know that if something happened to my kid they gotta rule me and my wife out. Yeah, id be pissed because WE know we are innocent, but they are doing their jobs and I also know there are more than just those cops working the case. Remain calm. Think of any detail you can to assist the cops.

These parents are animals. I wish we could torture and kill them after trial

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I dont judge people on calmness. I'm one of those few weird people that is calmer and thinks clearer under stress and pressure. Especially a 911 call you want every detail to be recorded and taken down and passed on. When you have to repeat yourself giving instructions in person or a 911 report, valuable seconds and minutes are lost.
    I always told my kids if they fell and got hurt (and amazingly it works and they are trained) stop crying, breathe and talk normally so I can understand you and start addressing the problem. Cant understand crap or help crap when someone is hysterical and hyporventalating and now I have to treat that before i can even figure out why.

Would do the same when I taught the boy scouts.
    We would practice.
    Give name, location, nature of emergency.
    Slow down.
    Calm down.
    Breath.

It always seems "funny" while practicing.
    But, it seemed to help me during emergencies, so I'd like to pass it on.
    Of course, I did have a bit of navy experience with emergencies also.
    But it was basically, expanding on what the boy scouts already taught me.
    Maneuvering, Machinery 2 Upper Level. (who you're calling, who you are) (people are referred to by their watchstation, the actual names are irrelevant)
    Fire in Machinery 2 Upper Level.
    Fire in the Port Vital Bus.

Start fighting the fire.
    When the Damage Control team shows up..
    a man takes over as "phone talker", and then it is determined who the senior man is.
    then phone talker reports..
    Maneuvering, Machinery 2 Upper Level.
    Petty Officer Actaeon is in charge at the scene in Machinery 2. (Have to add where, in case there are multiple scenes).

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    It's not five counts of First Degree, I don't believe.

In Illinois, I think the different types of murder charges are:

1st degree
    2nd degree
    3rd degree (negligent homicide)
    Aggravated murder
    Capital murder

Then there is also voluntary homicide and involuntary homicide; followed by justifiable homicide (which brings no criminal charges).
    They will charge them with one count of each type, 1st, 2nd, and so on...... and hope that a jury will convict on ONE of the types. The different 'degrees' carry different sentencing guide lines. In Illinois, they abolished the death penalty (mandatory in CAPITAL murder)..... which in Illinois' case, converts to LIFE w/o parole.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    https://abc7ny.com/aj-freunds-parents-charged-after-missing-crystal-lake-boys-body-found/5267883/

"AJ's mother, Joann Cunningham, was charged with five counts of first-degree murder, four counts of aggravated battery, two counts of aggravated domestic battery, and one count of failure to report a missing or child death.

Andrew Freund Sr. was charged with five counts of first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated battery, one count of aggravated domestic battery, two counts of concealment of a homicidal death, and one count of failure to report a missing or child death. "

I don't understand how it can be, but that's what it says.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    https://abc7ny.com/aj-freunds-parents-charged-after-missing-crystal-lake-boys-body-found/5267883/

"AJ's mother, Joann Cunningham, was charged with five counts of first-degree murder, four counts of aggravated battery, two counts of aggravated domestic battery, and one count of failure to report a missing or child death.

Andrew Freund Sr. was charged with five counts of first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated battery, one count of aggravated domestic battery, two counts of concealment of a homicidal death, and one count of failure to report a missing or child death. "

I don't understand how it can be, but that's what it says.

Wow! Go figure..... then again, it's ​Illinois.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My skin crawled when the child was first reported missing. I have been hoping and praying that I was wrong and he would be found. I had a terrible feeling this is how it would end up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Haven’t read any of the charging documents, but I’m guessing that it is 5 different theories of what supports a murder charge. Ultimately, 1 death 1 conviction for murder.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Haven’t read any of the charging documents, but I’m guessing that it is 5 different theories of what supports a murder charge. Ultimately, 1 death 1 conviction for murder.
    I saw a reporter on the local news explaining it somewhat in a similar manner. I guess it's the way they do it in Illinois and it's done that way to pretty much cover all the bases.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I dont judge people on calmness. That doesn't mean someone is guilty or anything. I'm one of those few weird people that is calmer and thinks clearer under stress and pressure. Especially a 911 call you want every detail to be recorded and taken down and passed on. When you have to repeat yourself giving instructions in person or a 911 report, valuable seconds and minutes are lost.

I also understand cops have their hoops to go through. I know that if something happened to my kid they gotta rule me and my wife out. Yeah, id be pissed because WE know we are innocent, but they are doing their jobs and I also know there are more than just those cops working the case. Remain calm. Think of any detail you can to assist the cops.

These parents are animals. I wish we could torture and kill them after trial

I agree completely. Among my various organ and system failures, I have no adrenaline reaction at all. No fight or flight, no panic, no tunnel vision, I don't even go into shock. I would be suspiciously unemotional.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I may have misspoken when I stated he was "too calm". A better word might be 'nonchalant'..... considering it's a 911 call about his 5 YEAR OLD son. Judge for yourselves.....

Audio-

https://www.scoopnest.com/user/CBSE...en-on-wednesday-night-after-being-put-to-bed/
    Yeah I agree with you. He seems nonchant for sure to me too.
    Sounds like these parents should have never had a child to care for in the first place. Poor poor sweet boy. Being a parent these stories of children being abused and harmed make me feel ill and sad. I dont get like that over much anymore.
    When i see these cops have an emotional response I dont blame them one bit. I thank them for taking on that burden. And im glad they still have their humanity left.
    Thats what seperates monsters from good people

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Yeah I agree with you. He seems nonchant for sure to me too.
    Sounds like these parents should have never had a child to care for in the first place. Poor poor sweet boy. Being a parent these stories of children being abused and harmed make me feel ill and sad. I dont get like that over much anymore.
    When i see these cops have an emotional response I dont blame them one bit. I thank them for taking on that burden. And im glad they still have their humanity left.
    Thats what seperates monsters from good people

Yeah, maybe it's just me..... but I feel I certainly would have worded it differently in making that 911 call. I surely would have, w/o being asked, said right off "Our 5 year old boy is missing." Not yea, um we have a missing child. "We've checked the neighborhood and a couple other places, and we need help."

Top Bottom