• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    After spending the day at NRAAM the wife and I were going to a church seminar at a southside hotel. Right between the LaQuinta and Holiday Inn Express on Victory Drive is a sign in front of a bunch of earthmoving equipment. Northern Tool is coming to Indy. Victory Drive is just south of 465 east of Emerson.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Didn't they have a store on Hanna Avenue between 31 and Madison? Or was that a different tool place? It went out of business a few years ago.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wholesale Tool. That location closed but their interwebz store is still going, AFAIK.

That's the one I'm thinking of! I still get a catalog from them once in awhile, all though it's been a pretty long time since I have now that I think about it. I think I only bought something in there once, but somehow managed to get on their mailing list. I think it was some kind of Mexican food market or something last time I was by there.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    That's the one I'm thinking of! I still get a catalog from them once in awhile, all though it's been a pretty long time since I have now that I think about it. I think I only bought something in there once, but somehow managed to get on their mailing list. I think it was some kind of Mexican food market or something last time I was by there.

:yesway: it was Lowe's once upon a time.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Looks as though they have another Indy location in the planning stages.

9345 WALDEMAR RD
    INDIANAPOLIS IN 46268

(86th & Michigan Rd)

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I still love me some cheap Chinese for basic items. A 2 wheel dolly from there works just fine with the big pneumatic wheels. It’s no magliner but for $40 what do u want?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "
    The
    Northern Tool
    + Equipment store in
    Indianapolis
    , IN opened its doors in October of 2019 and offer
    Indiana
    residents a wide selection of portable generators, pressure washers, air compressors, power
    tools
    , welding equipment and many more quality equipment products."

then when you go to the link it says "Opening Soon!" Looks like somebody leaked the press release a little early!:laugh:

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Today was opening day. I was impressed with the southside store. Had a chance to talk with the manager and several of the employees. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They also have a small engine service department for those of you that might have that need. There are some things that Harbor Freight will still be my go to place for, but it is nice to have an alternative in the neighborhood.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I still love me some cheap Chinese for basic items. A 2 wheel dolly from there works just fine with the big pneumatic wheels. It’s no magliner but for $40 what do u want?

Yeah, you just have to know what you're getting and be willing to do some extra work on whatever it is to get a little more out of it. I have some HF stuff that I haven't had any issues with (20 ton press I've been meaning to convert to a brake, cement mixer I use to tumble knives). It's also where I buy some of my cheap consumables like foam brushes.

Top Bottom