• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Child moving away soon, want him to have this available.

Will be apartment dwelling for a while, so don't explain that a 10 hp compressor on 220v would be better.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That looks pretty good. Good reviews. Thanks!

ETA: Found it for $48.79 at Pep Boy's eBay store.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    My jump starter and air compressor are separate devices. The air compressor is a tiny little 7" x 7" x 3" thing, but it inflates the truck tires from the 12v plug on the truck. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01H6G3B0Q

My jump starter is this: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0743BFD5H It's more expensive, but it holds a charge much longer than the old style combination ones I've had in the past. Nothing worse than pulling out your jump start pack only to realize that it's dead, too.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Are you positive that 220 isn't an option?:)

The one from pep boys looks nice. I could see the young folks liking the USB ports.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll 2nd a lithium powered jump starter and inexpensive cigarette lighter compressor. The lithium batteries have a very low self discharge rate vs the lead acid batteries. Unless you keep a battery maintainer connected to the lead acid battery it will never be charged when you need it.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    If you purchase a separate compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter, I would recommend getting an adapter that attaches directly to the battery in the vehicle instead of plugging into the lighter socket. Some of these little compressors pull enough amperage that it could blow the fuse or damage the circuit to the lighter socket. Later vehicles use what used to be the lighter as "power outputs" and the circuits don't seem to be as robust. Typically the power requirements for charging your phone aren't as high as the heating element in the lighter.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    There is no reason to buy a lead acid jump starter in 2019. Lithium is superior in every way.

NOCO makes the best quality and safest lithium jump packs I have seen. That and a separate compressor is my recommendation

(12 years in auto parts)

rebarguyindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Spencer, IN
    I have a Fat Max battery that I bought from Sams Club about 3 years ago and it has been pretty handy. It has built in jumper cables, an air compressor, small light, usb, and the lighter socket. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 6 or 7. As stated above, I do have to keep it charged..

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I also reccomend the NOCO lithium jumpe starter. It’s about $100 on amazon.

Watch out on the little portable air compressors if its for a truck, the cords are sometimes too short to reach the rear tires.

Top Bottom