Thieves rob Indianapolis mother after using tree branch to force her to stop car

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is in Churchmouse and Doggy Daddy's part of town. Used tree limbs to stop the car? What is old becomes new again. It worked for stagecoaches after all.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- Indianapolis police are searching for a pair of armed thieves who ambushed and robbed a mother and her young child.

Investigators say the crooks laid a trap for the unsuspecting victim on Indy's west side near 34[SUP]th[/SUP] and Gerrard Avenue.

The mother, who was driving alone for the first time in the United States, says she was ambushed by two men who put a large log in the street to block her path and force her to stop.
    “They came with one branch. They put it in the middle and she had to stop because she didn’t want to hit nobody you know. She didn’t understand what has happened,” said the victim’s sister, Griselda Miranda.
    Griselda helped translate the story for her sister Ava, who doesn't speak much English, but understood what the thieves wanted when they walked up to her car door.

“They put one gun in the window and they said, ‘Open the door, open the door, open the door.’ She said, ‘No.’ When they see she don’t open the door, they go around the car,” said Miranda.

To get her to cooperate, the gunman took aim at Ava's 3-year-old son, who was sleeping in the back seat.

“That’s the worst nightmare for anybody, any mother in this world,” said Miranda.

According to the police report, one of the robbers grabbed Ava's purse with some cash and immigration documents inside, then hit her in the head with the gun and ran away through the neighborhood.

https://fox59.com/2019/05/02/thieve...r-using-tree-branch-to-force-her-to-stop-car/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey, not me! I moved away from there in 1999. I'm back to my original southside home! Although the sketchiness is moving closer down here too. :(

Sounds like a good reason to start packin' a chainsaw in the car over there though!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ok. First off, this is terrible. It must have been very traumatic for the woman to have to go through that. I hope they catch the thieves.

Now that that's out of the way ...

Anyone else think it's awful convenient that her immigration paperwork was allegedly in the purse that was stolen? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok. First off, this is terrible. It must have been very traumatic for the woman to have to go through that. I hope they catch the thieves.

Anyone else think it's awful convenient that her immigration paperwork was allegedly in the purse that was stolen? :dunno:

This is not far from me. if you want to find these **** bags just comb the apts north school #79 and you will find them.
    The Hispanics are easy targets for these **** bags.
    Until they mess with the wrong ones.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When tree branches are outlawed. . . . . . . .

Yes I jest, yes they are scum, yes it's odd that the paperwork disappeared. Or is it? New to the country, no place she considers safe to keep important documents, it could go either way.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey, not me! I moved away from there in 1999. I'm back to my original southside home! Although the sketchiness is moving closer down here too. :(

Sounds like a good reason to start packin' a chainsaw in the car over there though!

Ah man, I thought you lived over that way. CM and family will no doubt be vigilant.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

If I'm not mistaken, depending on your immigration status you have to have your documents in your possession.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Carrying documents like this is normal for this section of the population. You'd be shocked at how many people I come across who roll around with the title to their vehicles in the car with them :n00b:. The Hispanic population carries lots of important things with them or on their persons very often, probably more often than not. Just because it's not normal for YOU doesn't mean there is necessarily shenanigans afoot. I would have thought it odd years ago before I did what I do now, but as ridiculous as it is, it's pretty normal.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Which one? :dunno:

0XuvSHC.jpg

5JZaeLb.jpg

4jX8Th6.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Carrying documents like this is normal for this section of the population. You'd be shocked at how many people I come across who roll around with the title to their vehicles in the car with them :n00b:. The Hispanic population carries lots of important things with them or on their persons very often, probably more often than not. Just because it's not normal for YOU doesn't mean there is necessarily shenanigans afoot. I would have thought it odd years ago before I did what I do now, but as ridiculous as it is, it's pretty normal.

Growing up until recently, I did this myself. This was normal for us. Although for me it was my ss card in my wallet. Car title in my car. Then I bought a gun, which meant I bought a safe.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You can't explain to the trailer park crowd when you are out of the country you carry documentation WITH you,
    They won't get it because two counties away is as far as they go...

Passport (or copies of your passport) vaccination records, driver's licence, copy of social security card, even your voter registration card will be needed depending on where you go.
    Nothing like having your documents stolen and NOT having copies, you think red tape is bad in the US, try getting through a foreign country red tape AND dealing with the US state department trying to get documents replaced!

If you think it's funny...
    Do you have your driver's licence number memorized?
    How about your passport number?
    Don't know your passport number? Takes up to 4 weeks to get a new issue, all the while you can't get a hotel or flight or rent a car etc without a passport.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You can't explain to the trailer park crowd when you are out of the country you carry documentation WITH you,
    They won't get it because two counties away is as far as they go...

Passport (or copies of your passport) vaccination records, driver's licence, copy of social security card, even your voter registration card will be needed depending on where you go.
    Nothing like having your documents stolen and NOT having copies, you think red tape is bad in the US, try getting through a foreign country red tape AND dealing with the US state department trying to get documents replaced!

If you think it's funny...
    Do you have your driver's licence number memorized?
    How about your passport number?
    Don't know your passport number? Takes up to 4 weeks to get a new issue, all the while you can't get a hotel or flight or rent a car etc without a passport.

Here we go. More of the attitude that most of INGO is just a bunch of rubes that can't tell their belly button from a hole in the ground.

I understand that people carry identifying documents on their person. My original comment was a poor attempt at a joke. The premise being that the woman didn't have immigration paperwork at all, and she was using the robbery as an excuse with investigators as to why she didn't have it.

Yes, the joke was in poor taste, and apparently it was taken as a serious comment, which it wasn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here we go. More of the attitude that most of INGO is just a bunch of rubes that can't tell their belly button from a hole in the ground.

I understand that people carry identifying documents on their person. My original comment was a poor attempt at a joke. The premise being that the woman didn't have immigration paperwork at all, and she was using the robbery as an excuse with investigators as to why she didn't have it.

Yes, the joke was in poor taste, and apparently it was taken as a serious comment, which it wasn't.

Yeah I like being refered to as "Trailer Park".............for crap sake.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    :mullet:This is only temporary. Once my grow operation takes off, I'm going big time and moving to a double wide out in the country.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess I'm doing things wrong here on Ingo, my "trailer" has a footer and concrete walls instead of wheels.

I owned a double wide in another life.
    I really take no offense but seriously do not look down your nose and preach from on high. That pedistle can be pretty unstable.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My girlfriend and I finally got our own trailer. I was living in her parents trailer and paying the rent. I had to get a second job though because now I'm paying 2 rents. Totally worth it though. "Hey anybody see my gun? Don't play with that, it's got bullets in it. Go outside. Bring me a beer first."
    Yeah it's hard to believe he'll be in first grade next year. They grow up so fast.

Top Bottom