Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    My understanding is that CAT got out of the On Highway business altogether because they didn't want to have to deal with meeting emissions standards.

Speaking of that, I would imagine Cummins would be working on new X15s ahead of EPA2020.
    Yes, their twin turbo models did not, and we’re not going to make the cut. They thought they could do it without Def/regen then when they found that wasn’t going to work, it was too late. That and maybe fudging on some test results, or some other shenanigans. More to it than that.

Anyway, the only way to get a new truck with a CAT now is a glider kit...........wait......

Started out in a Mack with the golden bulldog on the hood, but quickly got behind a 1693 then onto a 3406A thru E over the years, and last had a 600 hp C-16. Had a 1987 Western Star with a 425 ATAAC which is probably my favorite all time truck. Had a few Comaparts in there as well. Not one mile on a Detroit.

This 500 X15 sounds like it’s gonna blow if you have your window down alongside a concrete barricade that the sound can bounce off. I think a lot of it is the air compressor, but it is most definitely not a good sounding engine. Coming up on 90K since last August on a ‘19 Pete, with no engine issues.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

I've got 310k on the x15, 525hp. The engine has been fairly trouble free. (Except for emissions after treatment ie the DPF) It sure pulls the 125,000+ lbs around a lot better than the previous ISX we had. Yep. It's noisy. The compressor and the DEF system are quite loud.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

So my metal document folder I carry everyday was about to fall apart. I got a new one and my wife used her Cricut Maker machine to make me the KW logo out of vinyl. We put it on today and here is how it turned out.

>>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

# 22951

User Info Menu

That's very "Glittery".

Are you trying to attract Lot Lizards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    That's very "Glittery".

Are you trying to attract Lot Lizards?

Nope. From what I hear, they don't like bright things.

It's shiny so I can find it. You'd be amazed at the places it can "blend in" in the cab of my truck.

# 22951

User Info Menu

Got it.
    Like when those "Neon" tool colors came out and everyone made fun of guys that bought them. But guess who never lost a tool OR had it stolen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

A relative recorded this truck fire a while back and I was curious if any of the truckers could tell from the video what caused this. Brakes overheating? Refrigeration unit catching fire? Impossible to tell? What do you think?

Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    A relative recorded this truck fire a while back and I was curious if any of the truckers could tell from the video what caused this. Brakes overheating? Refrigeration unit catching fire? Impossible to tell? What do you think?

After watching repetitively it looks like an engine compartment fire. Fuel leak and source of ignition and there you go. A spark from a cable backed up with 4 1000 amp batteries can light something off really well.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    After watching repetitively it looks like an engine compartment fire. Fuel leak and source of ignition and there you go. A spark from a cable backed up with 4 1000 amp batteries can light something off really well.
    That makes sense. Because the fire appeared to be mostly behind the cab an engine compartment fire never occurred to me. I (obviously) know very little about big trucks.
    Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 press 1 to talk to someone now or text 838255 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
    That makes sense. Because the fire appeared to be mostly behind the cab an engine compartment fire never occurred to me. I (obviously) know very little about big trucks.
    I was going with the blackened absence of a hood.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast