Schererville, IN
    2vif5x.jpg_zpsjxtijmdx.jpeg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of sea salt. I used to like Wendy's fries. I haven't eaten at Wendy's in years. Well, since they started using sea salt.

On a side note, I can't stand french fries fried in peanut oil. Everyone raves about Five Guys, but if I don't like the fries, I can't do the burger. Only been there once, won't go back.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah, they "Jewed down" the salt content.

Ok. I just had one of those moments. A good part of my younger life, I remember people talking about doing the above to someone discussing price. I guess I never thought about it but somehow, my mind always connected that term with chewing someone down. Kind of like a dog did to a bone. After not hearing that term for a few decades, and learning about other cultures, it now makes sense.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I don’t mine the sea salt, I love bacon though.

I wish everyone would stop putting onions on everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Table salt is "refined" which means that the natural trace minerals have been removed. Consequently, it tastes "saltier" than sea salt or mined salts (ex: Pink Himalayan). Iodine is generally added to table salt and infrequently to other salts. Those trace minerals (magnesium, potassium, iron, etc) are actually very beneficial, so it is unfortunate that they are removed.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Table salt is "refined" which means that the natural trace minerals have been removed. Consequently, it tastes "saltier" than sea salt or mined salts (ex: Pink Himalayan). Iodine is generally added to table salt and infrequently to other salts. Those trace minerals (magnesium, potassium, iron, etc) are actually very beneficial, so it is unfortunate that they are removed.

I'm tired of healthy foods. Give me grease, fat, salt, fried, etc WITH FLAVOR.

No one needs looking after me but me. IF my choices are limited to "healthy" then I really don't have choices.
    Imagine eating bacon with no flavor, fat, or salt. Lower sodium... Yuk.

Top Bottom