• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I honestly I don’t think this is ironic. I think the parents sought out chickenpox to get their son back in school and to prove a point. Has anyone seen where the kid contracted it?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I honestly I don’t think this is ironic. I think the parents sought out chickenpox to get their son back in school and to prove a point. Has anyone seen where the kid contracted it?

Thats how it was done no more than 30 years ago. I have 3 older sisters and when 1 got the chicken pox we were told to all play together so we all got the pox. Lots of calamine lotion later, a lifetime of immunity

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Some ultraconservative Catholics oppose chickenpox vaccinations because it was developed in the 1960s from cell lines of two aborted fetuses.

That has the same ring to it as renaming Squiggly Hall because the money Squiggly gave to Wossamotta U was made on the backs of slaves.

Biblically speaking, idol steaks are still tasty cuts of meat even if they're cheap.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Um...I had chicken pox.

I remain alive and reasonably healthy at this hour.

Vaccines are great. Vaccines for everything​...is unnecessary.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We have a niece who no longer works as a nurse because she refused to get a flu shot. The good Sisters of St Francis didn't fire her, though. They just stopped scheduling hours for her.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thats how it was done no more than 30 years ago. I have 3 older sisters and when 1 got the chicken pox we were told to all play together so we all got the pox. Lots of calamine lotion later, a lifetime of immunity

Of course now you have to worry about shingles. I got the shingles vaccine a couple of years ago. I think I'm due for a booster too. Need to check with my doc about that.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

Um...I had chicken pox.

Stupid is as stupid does...

Good luck with those shingles, and if you live long enough, you WILL get shingles if you had chicken pox...
    You thought a little rash was 'Painful', wait till the shingles hit!

I wish there were MORE vaccines when I was younger... Would have saved a lot of issues I've suffered through or had to actively work to avoid infections.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Good luck with those shingles, and if you live long enough, you WILL get shingles if you had chicken pox...
    You thought a little rash was 'Painful', wait till the shingles hit!

I wish there were MORE vaccines when I was younger... Would have saved a lot of issues I've suffered through or had to actively work to avoid infections.

Its pretty funny that everyone i know had never even heard of shingles until all the cdc commercials started running. I know one person, out of all my immediate and extended family as well as friends, none of us whom were vaccinated, that have gotten shingles. And its ironic, he got the shingles almost 3 months after getting the shingles vaccination. You just keep on drinking that :koolaid:

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Its pretty funny that everyone i know had never even heard of shingles until all the cdc commercials started running. I know one person, out of all my immediate and extended family as well as friends, none of us whom were vaccinated, that have gotten shingles. And its ironic, he got the shingles almost 3 months after getting the shingles vaccination. You just keep on drinking that :koolaid:

Yup, same here.. and I have a lot of older family members.. heck I am pretty old myself, never even heard of it until some [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]pharmaceutical[/FONT] company figures out a way to make money on it. Makes me wonder how far up the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]pharmaceutical's ass the cdc is!

Ron[/FONT]

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yup, same here.. and I have a lot of older family members.. heck I am pretty old myself, never even heard of it until some [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]pharmaceutical[/FONT] company figures out a way to make money on it. Makes me wonder how far up the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]pharmaceutical's ass the cdc is!

Ron[/FONT]

Its not that i dont think shingles can happen, but theres plenty of studies out there that show the actual chicken pox vax is directly related to the uptick in shingles accounts.
    Before the chicken pox vax(1995) pretty much everyone got the pox as a kid. Those kids would then grow up, have kids, and then their kids would get the pox, effectively giving the parent a natural booster, which in turn made shingles almost nonexistent prior to that.
    Imagine that though. Big pharma comes up with a vax for something, that then cause something else, which they then come up with another vax for. Always follow the money.
    And dont get me wrong, i am not completely against all vaccinations, as i believe some do have some credibility. But if you do you research, you'll see most of the diseases these vaxs were/are for were on a huge downtrend due to better hygiene conditions, specifically clean running water, prior to the vaxs coming on the scene.
    Call me skeptical but i do have reason to be. I know 2 families whos lives were drastically altered by having their daughters get the HPV vaccine and are now permanently in wheel chairs. I had an aunt on who got the polio vax and immediately got Polio(now deceased). I know lots of people who get the Flu vax, yet still get the flu. Etc.etc etc
    I believe its better to do all you can to keep and maintain a healthy immune system and let mother nature take its course.
    To each their own though. If you wanna get shot up with evey vax known to man and trust it will cure what ails ya. Go for it. Just dont try forcing it on me

And as far as the measles "outbreak" is concerned, quit letting people from s**thole countries in, where they dont have access to clean water, and we wont have outbreaks as it has been shown year after year when a "outbreak" occurs its usully pinpointed back to someone here from out of the country. Oh and those vaccinated and fully up to date make up at least 50% of those affected by said "outbreak"

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Good luck with those shingles, and if you live long enough, you WILL get shingles....

So you’re thinking that none of us have known elderly people or have the internet? ‘Cause this isn’t true by statistics or in experience.

Y’know, marijuana causes permanent delirium too.

Keep your scare tactics to yourself.

....and there was no chicken pox vaccine when I was a kid.

I’ll just hang out here being stupid and bask in your superior uninformed intellect.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Um...I had chicken pox.

the problem is if you don’t vaccinate AND don’t contract chicken pox. My step brother about died from chicken pox when he was 35. Long lasting lung damage from it. Two weeks in ICU

Vaccine is a controlled pox party with a weak virus.

Easier to get two shots then track whether you’ve had it and developed immunity. But i’m Not sure lack of chicken pox vaccine is worth keeping a kid out of school

Top Bottom