• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Lots of folks are into lots of different things. Some people think of their cars or trucks simply as tools or a means of getting from point A to point B. Some people treat their firearms with great reverence. I am the opposite of both, for me firearms are tools and aside from a few I own which belonged to family members they are largely treated as such. I have been a fan of 4wd trucks since I was a kid and have wanted a diesel 4wd for the past 20 years and was finally able to buy one in November. Since purchasing it I have now had two separate M$@(#^@^#@ F@^$(@*!^#%$(@+!= A$!#@&!^@_*#^@!&! who have decided that it needed some dents in it but they couldn't be bothered to stick around and take responsibility for their actions. The first one was a minor dent to the bumper, not the end of the world as it didn't even scratch the paint. Then I find this one this morning after visiting Lowe's.

HzgM77Rh.jpg

I swear to my maker that if I could find the SOB who did it I would gladly go to jail for putting a very similar dent into their skull for them. I can't for the life of me understand why people have such a lack of character that they would do something like this and sneak off like a scumbag. I honestly would not lose a moment of sleep if I woke up tomorrow to find that 98% of the human beings on the planet had vanished overnight, never to be seen or heard from again.
    :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    People can be such slobs (your description was much better) when it comes to denting other people's vehicle's. Sucks. But if you look at what their vehicles look like, that most often explains a lot. The ones guilty of this typically drive junky cars and just don't care.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A lot of people are in such a drooling stupor anymore, they were probably too damn dumb to even realize they hit anything, and I'm not even talking about the drugged out zombies roaming free.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well ****!
    I don't even see how it's possible to dent the truck that way, seeing that there's a large bumper protecting that corner.
    Maybe it was from an even taller truck with some kind of bull bar? :dunno:
    Do they have cameras in the parking lot?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well ****!
    I don't even see how it's possible to dent the truck that way, seeing that there's a large bumper protecting that corner.
    Maybe it was from an even taller truck with some kind of bull bar? :dunno:
    Do they have cameras in the parking lot?

Looks like a trailer hitch to me.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    you were a cop for how long?...dealing with the filth, scum, and slime of humanity...and this is what makes you hate people???

im not a cop, and i dont see all the stuff you've seen, and i HATE people!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In general people have no respect for other peoples property anymore...unless they are caught and someone makes them. Then of course it's all your fault for catching them.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I had one last year where a woman hit my truck, tried to drive off. Then lied to her insurance company even though I had a police report. My only option was to pay for it myself and then sue her. She says since there was no damage to her vehicle it was no big deal.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    you were a cop for how long?...dealing with the filth, scum, and slime of humanity...and this is what makes you hate people???

im not a cop, and i dont see all the stuff you've seen, and i HATE people!

Perhaps, but phylo didn't HAVE to be a cop. He CHOSE to be, and he was there doing a job, getting paid to do that job as well as possible.

For me, it's a little easier to get okay with bull**** at work, because I expect it, I am there to solve it, and I am paid to do the job (so I better do it, dammit).

Maybe phylo's the same way, when he's not at a job: "I'm not at work, this is my personal stuff/time/place/opinions, so don't FU*& with me."

-Nate

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Same thing happened to my Fiance when she worked at Menards, some ****stain hit the hatch on her new to her Rav 4 and put a big ass dent in it with no note or anything. It's going to cost about $500 to get fixed....

As terrible as this sounds it's why I don't park anywhere near poor people and avoid those areas :laugh: people driving other nice cars generally don't do this ****.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    It is interesting what different people cherish. I've got the family Bible, Grandpa's coping saw, my Harley-Davidson, and my Knight MK85 Muzzle Loader. When I buy a new truck, its just a wheelbarrow. All my other guns are tools, All my other tools are just tools. All my other rides are just rides. A dent like that on my brand new truck, and I would just put a band aid or funny sticker, or "Ouch" in permanent marker. Don't sweat the small stuff.....This too shall pass. Too bad the perp didn't own up to it though. Maybe they had insurance....then maybe they didn't.

I would like to throw my guess at a 2x4 that was a few feet longer than the bed of their truck. Maybe you can do some detective work and give a prize to the winner.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Same thing happened to my Fiance when she worked at Menards, some ****stain hit the hatch on her new to her Rav 4 and put a big ass dent in it with no note or anything. It's going to cost about $500 to get fixed....

As terrible as this sounds it's why I don't park anywhere near poor people and avoid those areas :laugh: people driving other nice cars generally don't do this ****.

When I first got my driver's license my dad told me to always park next to nicer cars than I drive.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Had a similar experience at a Strack & VanTil parking lot. The lowlife scraped my left rear and gouged deep scratches in my wheel. I didn't think of asking for a camera check as mentioned above but yours is recent enough that you might get lucky. On mine, I figured the damage was at least $1k.

Top Bottom