• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No but a chinook flew over my house a couple days ago.

Though I do kinda get the willies when I see an Apache. Utility helos are pretty common. I see Blackhawks about every 30 days seems like. But to see something potentially so well armed overhead is just a bit odd and makes me ever so slightly uncomfortable. Strangely an A10 doesn’t have the same effect. Must be the fact that armed fixed wing craft are more common around here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have been seeing a lot of black helicopter activity as of recently. Last week I heard what must have been some sort of squadron fly over. There seemed to be a large variety of pairs of several kinds of military helicopters flying over in a double row. The last two were Chinooks, it was awesome to see. I heard them coming long before I seen them and I was inside.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No but a chinook flew over my house a couple days ago.

Though I do kinda get the willies when I see an Apache. Utility helos are pretty common. I see Blackhawks about every 30 days seems like. But to see something potentially so well armed overhead is just a bit odd and makes me ever so slightly uncomfortable. Strangely an A10 doesn’t have the same effect. Must be the fact that armed fixed wing craft are more common around here.
    That's because you're not a terrorist Cm. At the sight of a Warthog terrorists run and hide in the nearest cave, then seek out a clean pair of drawers. A similar reaction can be noted when Iraqi tank crews see A-10s. Surrendering to news crews and other random non-combatants is another reaction.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have been seeing a lot of black helicopter activity as of recently. Last week I heard what must have been some sort of squadron fly over. There seemed to be a large variety of pairs of several kinds of military helicopters flying over in a double row. The last two were Chinooks, it was awesome to see. I heard them coming long before I seen them and I was inside.
    I was at lake Monroe the weekend before last, when this large group flew over. There were 4 or 5 Blackhawks, 2 Super Stallions, and 3 Chinooks. I was kind of surprised there wasn't an Apache in the group.

This week watched the B17 land at Greenwood, and a Super Hornet yesterday coming into the main airport.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was at lake Monroe the weekend before last, when this large group flew over. There were 4 or 5 Blackhawks, 2 Super Stallions, and 3 Chinooks. I was kind of surprised there wasn't an Apache in the group.

This week watched the B17 land at Greenwood, and a Super Hornet yesterday coming into the main airport.

I don't think they do it as often now, but I used to love it when A-10's would come over Monroe at or sometimes dipping below tree top level. Hearing those engines continue to echo through the hills after the planes were out of sight was awesome.

[video=youtube;VElmo0ZY298]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElmo0ZY298[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't think they do it as often now, but I used to love it when A-10's would come over Monroe at or sometimes dipping below tree top level. Hearing those engines continue to echo through the hills after the planes were out of sight was awesome.

[video=youtube;VElmo0ZY298]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElmo0ZY298[/video]

Even cooler to hear that gun fire! Of course, I wasn't on the receiving end of it so I never got the "pleasure" of FULLY enjoying it!:rockwoot:

I prefer Jimmy's version: [video=youtube;fJO8NQLbS3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJO8NQLbS3E[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Even cooler to hear that gun fire! Of course, I wasn't on the receiving end of it so I never got the "pleasure" of FULLY enjoying it!:rockwoot:

I prefer Jimmy's version: [video=youtube;fJO8NQLbS3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJO8NQLbS3E[/video]

You know, Jimmy's was actually the first version I ever heard and I loved it. I like them both equally now. :)

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Early last year we had a dozen Apache's fly into Purdue airport, in formation, with a few Blackhawks. They were going from New York to California and Purdue was an overnight and refueling point. I swear it looked they were just a couple feet between the rotor tips. They landed and tied up the rotors and then a John Deere lawn tractor put them all in the same hanger. Then all the crews got into vans and went to dinner and hotel. We were in the car when they started to come in, about 5 minutes from the airport. So we went there and was just inside from where they landed about 100' feet away.

20180323101[2].jpg

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    There was a huge thing at Atterbury this past week. I saw a few chinnoks there. I also saw the Apache fly over Paragon this past week.

Jason

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    There was a huge thing at Atterbury this past week. I saw a few chinnoks there. I also saw the Apache fly over Paragon this past week.

Jason

I saw this last week when at SR 135 and Stones Crossing:

IMG_3171.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_3171.JPEG
      IMG_3171.JPEG
      47.9 KB · Views: 1
    Top Bottom