• spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Posted on FB from our oldest daughter. Suddenly dusty in here:

To the one gave me life...
    Who instilled a sense of curiosity deep inside. Who opened up my eyes to the beauty outside. Who gave up her dreams of travel to give us a chance to experience the world.
    Who put up with me when I could eat virtually nothing and looked like I had leprosy.
    Who love me despite my bloody and needy little body.
    Who raised 4 very different children with their unique challenges and joys... and survived to tell about it.
    Who read cozy bed time stories and let me jump on the water bed to chat at night.
    Who works tirelessly to cook AMAZING and healthy food, can everything, tend a beautiful garden, make syrup, raise chickens, grind flour, and everything else.
    Who doesn’t know a stranger.
    Who did experiments with us, took us to parks, played games, and nurtured creativity.
    Who didn’t give us everything we ever wanted and made us better because of that.
    Who has her fair share of struggles, her own challenging childhood, her own physical pains, yet still raised us to look ahead.
    Who let me go and be crazy busy, never home, in too many activities, but still welcomed me home with open arms.
    Who has watched us travel around the globe multiple times yet gets excited when we come home.

It is largely because of you that I have my sense of adventure, my sense of frugality, my sense of curiosity, my fierce independence. It is because of you that I am so hard-working. It is because of you that I have been able to accomplish all that I have.
    I know it wasn’t always easy. I know it wasn’t always fun. I know it was and is filled with every emotion under the sun. I know you wanted to experience the world yourself, but you’ve raised us to be independent and driven, allowing us to experience it ourselves. And we don’t thank you nearly enough for that.

Mother, dear mother, you’re not alone. You are not forgotten. You are not abandoned. You are dearly loved and cherished. You are held.
    I’m sorry I couldn’t be there to give you a big hug and say thank you in person, but know that we love you so much and can’t imagine a world without you. And I want the world to know that. You are the hardest working, most driven, dedicated, goofy, energetic, persevering person I know.

To the one who breathed life into me through her sacrifice...
    Thank you.

Top Bottom