• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Made you look. I pulled this out of my wife's truck tire. It required 2 plugs to repair the tire. Does anyone know what it is? My guess is she was in a car chase and bought home a spike strip, but she says no.

CzBWvCd.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Get your wife a new tire.

A friend found half a pair of needle nose pliers in a tire once.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Get your wife a new tire.

A friend found half a pair of needle nose pliers in a tire once.

I had a pair of these el-chepo motorcycle tool kit pliers completely inside of my tire once. Hit them doing about 50, kind of lifted the rear up and deflated instantly.

Vintage-SUZUKI-5-1-4-Tool-Kit-Pliers-motorcycle.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I once had a piece of metal tubing (possibly a fuel line or brake line I'm guessing) about 18" long completely inside one of my truck tires. Tire place showed it to me when I took the tire to be replaced.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've still got a nice pair of wire cutters that were responsible for my first flat tire back in '77! I have a small tackle box with all the necessities to plug tires myself instead of paying $15 each time. Everything I've pulled out of various tires over the years gets added to the collection. Of course nowadays plugs are "dangerous" so they won't work on a tire that has been plugged. :rolleyes:

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    that first image looks like a piece of a truck fifth wheel release handle. They are only held in by a cotter pin. Look just below the D ring where the 2 pieces are welded together. That is pretty common on older models

images

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I once found ten zip lock bags of what appeared to be chalk powder in a spare tire of a police impound vehicle I purchased. Why would anyone put bags of chalk inside of a spare tire?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've still got a nice pair of wire cutters that were responsible for my first flat tire back in '77! I have a small tackle box with all the necessities to plug tires myself instead of paying $15 each time. Everything I've pulled out of various tires over the years gets added to the collection. Of course nowadays plugs are "dangerous" so they won't work on a tire that has been plugged. :rolleyes:
    A lot of tire stores will fix tires for free.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Could be part of a muffler hanger.

Having worked in a shop that repairs tires, I've never had someone come back complaining about one of my repairs (tire off patch from the inside) and I've fixed dozens if not hundreds of leaking external plugs (as well as had them come out going down the highway in a borrowed car 150 miles from anywhere!)

A lot of tire stores will fix tires for free.

Where do you live? When was the last time you tested this?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Could be part of a muffler hanger.

Having worked in a shop that repairs tires, I've never had someone come back complaining about one of my repairs (tire off patch from the inside) and I've fixed dozens if not hundreds of leaking external plugs (as well as had them come out going down the highway in a borrowed car 150 miles from anywhere!)

Where do you live? When was the last time you tested this?
    NWI. A few weeks ago.

Discount tire will for sure
    https://www.discounttire.com/services/flat-repair

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I had a pair of these el-chepo motorcycle tool kit pliers completely inside of my tire once. Hit them doing about 50, kind of lifted the rear up and deflated instantly.

Vintage-SUZUKI-5-1-4-Tool-Kit-Pliers-motorcycle.jpg

Had the same thing happen once only it was a full size Phillips screwdriver. Amazing how that thing could go completely through the tread and be rattling around inside the tire.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Discount tire in Highland.

2009, I had been lost my job because of Obama Care (yes 'll say it every time)

I had a leaky tire and someone told me Discount would fix it for free.

When I went in they took it off and put it in a water bath, and found the leak was in the side wall. They told me I needed to buy a new tire. I told them I didn't have the money and to just put the tire back on. They told me they could not reinstall it because it was dangerous. I told them I didn't care. They told me they would not reinstall it because I could sue them if I had an accident. I told them I would sign a waiver.

To make a long story short they put a new tire on the car, handed me a receipt and sent me on my way.

I have bought all of my tires there since.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Doesn't mention price. Are you sure you aren't mixing that with some type of road hazard coverage? most places do offer that but only if you bought from them initially.
    As others have confirmed, many stores do it for free. It is a money maker for them. If it can't be fixed, you are now a potential customer standing in their store. It also builds good will towards their store when you do need to buy tires.

Top Bottom