• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It has not gone beyond my notice that acceptable gym attire, for the ladies, is basically lingerie anymore. Not that I mind, but I was just wondering if this was an overnight thing, or if this has just been gradually happening and I only now noticed it. It does make it difficult to focus on spotting my partner at times though...

As you were.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I hadn't been to a 'Gym' outside of the Marines and sometimes my physical therapy was at 'Gyms'...
    I went with a friend & his son about a year ago and couldn't believe what I saw,
    I've seen pole dancers with less revealing 'cloths' on!

The worker at the gym even call one part 'The Erection Section' just behind where females were doing squats...

The son is in the Navy, wanted to do weights while he was on leave so he didn't get soft (the kid is made of raw hide & spring steel) and the old men *Tried* to keep up...
    I needed a week to move right again! :(
    My buddy was so stoved up he had to see a chiropractor, and the son went on dates with women he met at the 'Gym'...
    Getting old sucks...

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Perhaps it depends on the gym. Our small, local place seems to be populated with pretty down-to-earth men and women who are there to work out. The women working out early in the morning when we go are pretty well covered.

Maybe I'm going to the wrong gym? :):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It has not gone beyond my notice that acceptable gym attire, for the ladies, is basically lingerie anymore. Not that I mind, but I was just wondering if this was an overnight thing, or if this has just been gradually happening and I only now noticed it. It does make it difficult to focus on spotting my partner at times though...

As you were.

That's for the ladies who care more about attracting attention than working out. Real women who don't GAF about what people think wear real workout clothes.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The typical uniform seems to be yoga and/or hot pants, and a sports bra. All leaving very little to the imagination. I'm not sure that body paint would be any more revealing. A small minority wear actual running shorts. Some even wear a t-shirt. It's a sliding scale. The more in shape they are, typically the more skin they show and the tighter/thinner their clothing gets.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I hadn't been to a 'Gym' outside of the Marines and sometimes my physical therapy was at 'Gyms'...
    I went with a friend & his son about a year ago and couldn't believe what I saw,
    I've seen pole dancers with less revealing 'cloths' on!

The worker at the gym even call one part 'The Erection Section' just behind where females were doing squats...

The son is in the Navy, wanted to do weights while he was on leave so he didn't get soft (the kid is made of raw hide & spring steel) and the old men *Tried* to keep up...
    I needed a week to move right again! :(
    My buddy was so stoved up he had to see a chiropractor, and the son went on dates with women he met at the 'Gym'...
    Getting old sucks...

I try to find a treadmill that is behind the elliptical section. It takes my mind off of running.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I try to find a treadmill that is behind the elliptical section. It takes my mind off of running.

Reminds me of how I made it through the running portion of the AFROTC PFT* - I slotted myself right behind the cadet commander's cute butt (yes, it was coed!), and stayed locked on for the whole 1.5 miles.

* Yeah, I've always been on the trailing edge of the physical fitness curve.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not a fan of painted-on yoga pants and sports bras, but it beats the alternative:

Say what you want but an ankle length skirt (especially denim) and waist length hair........oh boy...uummm.....heck yeah.

But I grew up pentecostal,..........

pentecostal-hairstyles-for-long-hair-1.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When I was doing crossfit, the ladies usually wore T-shirts and either shorts or yoga style pants. Some wore sports bras but nothing was overly revealing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The typical uniform seems to be yoga and/or hot pants, and a sports bra. All leaving very little to the imagination. I'm not sure that body paint would be any more revealing. A small minority wear actual running shorts. Some even wear a t-shirt. It's a sliding scale. The more in shape they are, typically the more skin they show and the tighter/thinner their clothing gets.

Yeah. It’s a setup to get us in trouble. I go out of my way to look unattractive to stop their leering eyes

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Neck beards don't workout, they pose on equipment for selfies then jump in the Prius and head for the coffee shop a block away...
    They won't walk a block, $12 for coffee doesn't seem to bother them, 29 years old, still living at home...
    (Their parents/grandparents retirement money isn't going to waste itself...)

Fake stairs, fake bicycles, fake walking, fake weight lifting...

I say come on out to the farm and we'll show you the real thing! ;)
    Livestock to chase, wood to cut/stack, hay to put up, post holes to dig, stalls to be shoveled, gardens to be weeded...
    BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
    As a FREE BONUS you don't need a fake tan, you will get real suntan out here!

I do buy the premium coffee, brew it at home and it doesn't cost $12 a cup...
    But if they insist I would charge them $12 a cup while they were 'Working Out'!
    ... So there goes the last excuse...

My physical therapist couldn't understand why I took up archery instead of driving 90 minutes each way to pull on rubber bands.
    ($30 each 'Therapy' bands that are color coded)...
    Just saving the gas money alone more than paid for the archery supplies, AND I got 3 hours of my life back NOT commuting!
    Recurve bows & sling shots for life baby!

For whatever reason the physical therapist (that rarely got off her phone) just couldn't grasp the idea of learning an actual skill over just stretching a rubber band!

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom